Was union dues

Doubleparkedrunner

Whatever, paying the IBT to continually fail me and others like me is pure stupidity. I’ll pay when they produce more for the existing part timer. I’ll pay when full time bullies respect us and vote for us too. I’ll pay when I have just as much to lose as the next person. There is a reason why full timers are less likely to leave the union, they need them more and benefit more from the union. It’s really simple if you step back and think about it. Almost nobody is going to leave the union as a $40 per hour mailman.
That makes you a part time mailman then ?

Doubleparkedrunner

How many females especially of color are going to make significant change by running for anything in the union? You think the BUG types and his bully friends will vote for a woman like me, or any woman at all instead of their prototypical teamster friends? Look at all those fat old faces at the two man, you wonder why women and people like me take issue with this contract and the environment we are in?[/QUOTE
You play the victim card well.

Doubleparkedrunner

Do you think this site and the opinions of the contract are accurately predicting what’s going to happen when we vote

In relative terms, yes I do.

Now when I say that ; I do not mean that there will be a massive turnout and that the master will be voted down in flames.

when I say yes I mean that I think we will be much closer to 50% ( between 35% and 42% ) than we have been in a very long time.

And also that we will have a no vote of somewhere in the 70 percentile of those that do vote.

in both instances , turnout and no votes, I wish it were higher but I feel that there are too many who don't care, just want theirs, or are rookies and haven't gotten around to looking into these matters enough yet.

clipperman

In relative terms, yes I do.

Now when I say that ; I do not mean that there will be a massive turnout and that the master will be voted down in flames.

when I say yes I mean that I think we will be much closer to 50% ( between 35% and 42% ) than we have been in a very long time.

And also that we will have a no vote of somewhere in the 70 percentile of those that do vote.

in both instances , turnout and no votes, I wish it were higher but I feel that there are too many who don't care, just want theirs, or are rookies and haven't gotten around to looking into these matters enough yet.
I would hope the turnout would be much higher with all the attention it’s gotten,yes or no it would be a big boost just to see enough people give a damn to at least vote,real change is never going to happen when less than a third even participate,and most likely less than a third of those are active outside of contract time

Doubleparkedrunner

I would hope the turnout would be much higher with all the attention it’s gotten,yes or no it would be a big boost just to see enough people give a damn to at least vote,real change is never going to happen when less than a third even participate,and most likely less than a third of those are active outside of contract time
I agree with all you just said.

Time for change

Are you willing to forfeit the benefits that your Local bargained for since you are now willing to not pay for them?
The benefits they bargained for were one sided and not in my best interest, time to hold the union accountable and put them on notice. Remember us at the table or we might not pay dues. It’s happening all over the country in right to work States, probably should have thought of that before negotiating this contract.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How many females especially of color are going to make significant change by running for anything in the union? You think the BUG types and his bully friends will vote for a woman like me, or any woman at all instead of their prototypical teamster friends? Look at all those fat old faces at the two man, you wonder why women and people like me take issue with this contract and the environment we are in?

So, you going to just keep whining about it or what

Because at this point that’s what it is whining nothing more nothing less

Time for change

So, you going to just keep whining about it or what

Because at this point that’s what it is whining nothing more nothing less
I’ve looked at these threads for years before I signed up. Heard nothing but whining from overpaid mailmen, but when it’s a part time woman stating her grievances, just sit down and shut up. Whatever I’ll keep at it, nothing you can do.