Was union dues

Time for change

Being a freeloader isn't the answer. Expecting something better against the Big Brown Bully with a weaker union is like believing in unicorns.
Pay dues, then change your local leadership by members running for local office, by gaining support and votes from members of your local. Then change the IBT leadership by members running for IBT office, by gaining support and votes from members across the International.

The key word in that: "members"

As a member, you have a right to vote on the tentative agreement. Vote to make your voice heard. Encourage others to vote. Facebook comments don't change anything.

I’ve heard this my entire career here, time is running out, that didn’t work.

Time for change

I'm good friends with people who have been fighting their entire working lives. It's admirable to fight, and occasionally lose the battle, with the goal of winning the war. Cowardice and complicity with the enemy are unacceptable.
At some point when 15-20 years of same bs isn’t working and hasn’t worked, it’s time for a new approach. All has fallen on deaf ears, only one thing will hit them where it hurts. I don’t have enough time left to fight the same fight for another 15 years with zero results. You talk about cowardice but stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
She is right about the proposed contract, but wrong about how to fix the problem. She is wrong to come on here threatening other Teamsters, most of which agree with her on a no vote. The threats that I'm leaving the union, and without my dues your pension is gone, etc. are juvenile.

My advice, take your $34/mo. and go. My only wish is that after you bail, you need representation, and they treat you like the scab you will have become.

I was referring mostly to Tony's reasoning skills, rather than time's argument. I do identify with her feelings though. Even if her suggestion of everyone leaving the union is not the best solution, talking about the problem is a good first step towards solving it. Get the word out, get everyone on the same page, and then the voting may have an impact.

Time for change

Being a freeloader isn't the answer. Expecting something better against the Big Brown Bully with a weaker union is like believing in unicorns.
Pay dues, then change your local leadership by members running for local office, by gaining support and votes from members of your local. Then change the IBT leadership by members running for IBT office, by gaining support and votes from members across the International.

Freeloader is relying on union for everything, at this point in time I feel I’m doing the opposite of freeloading. In this climate a part timer that did an awesome job could negotiate their own individual contra

As a member, you have a right to vote on the tentative agreement. Vote to make your voice heard. Encourage others to vote. Facebook comments don't change anything.

Whatever, paying the IBT to continually fail me and others like me is pure stupidity. I’ll pay when they produce more for the existing part timer. I’ll pay when full time bullies respect us and vote for us too. I’ll pay when I have just as much to lose as the next person. There is a reason why full timers are less likely to leave the union, they need them more and benefit more from the union. It’s really simple if you step back and think about it. Almost nobody is going to leave the union as a $40 per hour mailman.

Time for change

How many females especially of color are going to make significant change by running for anything in the union? You think the BUG types and his bully friends will vote for a woman like me, or any woman at all instead of their prototypical teamster friends? Look at all those fat old faces at the two man, you wonder why women and people like me take issue with this contract and the environment we are in?

Gimme Danger

How many females especially of color are going to make significant change by running for anything in the union? You think the BUG types and his bully friends will vote for a woman like me, or any woman at all instead of their prototypical teamster friends? Look at all those fat old faces at the two man, you wonder why women and people like me take issue with this contract and the environment we are in?
Sisters who run for International office typically receive among the highest vote totals among who they run with.
It's a righteous goal of having leadership more representative of the membership.
My local started committees to get members involved who are typically overlooked and/or discriminated against. Leadership pushes up from below.
Giving up your rights and weakening the union in the process isn't the solution.

F

Frankie's Friend

If I see something that has been retarded in some way, I have to call it out.
Then you must be blind dude.
Or just plain crooked. And a liar.

I also dont appreciate your posting that SO is a munchkin.

Your mommy should've washed your mouth out with soap when you were a younger punk.

Tony Q

Then you must be blind dude.
Or just plain crooked. And a liar.

I also dont appreciate your posting that SO is a munchkin.

Your mommy should've washed your mouth out with soap when you were a younger punk.
There is nothing wrong with being short. The only reason some refer to him as the munchkin is because he formed the OZ team. Fred who is the President of the Teamsters North America makes him look like a munchkin, respectfully. Have you ever seen the Wizard of Oz. I know you are kinda young, so you might not have seen the movie.

There is nothing wrong with being short. The only reason some refer to him as the munchkin is because he formed the OZ team. Fred who is the President of the Teamsters North America makes him look like a munchkin, respectfully. Have you ever seen the Wizard of Oz. I know you are kinda young, so you might not have seen the movie.
The wizard was a fake. Thanks for pointing that out Dorothy.

F

Frankie's Friend

Lets call out some more of the stupid things you support in this TA:

Art 18:24 Puts the company's egress violations on the EMPLOYEE in the first paragraph.
Call that out Einstein.

Proposed Surepost language now gives the company the right to send ALL of our negotiated volume to the fricking Post Office if we "roll" one (1) trailer that day.
Theyve done that illegally at peak while your buddies stood with their hands in their pockets after it was reported and filed on.

I'm calling out you and your buddies two faced habitual actions of the past and now your expanding of the scabbing off of our bargained for work ... all the while using our money to kill our jobs.

Fess up dude. You say you're a real Teamster? No wonder the union membership numbers are suffering.

F

Frankie's Friend

I saw David and Goliath.

David had stones.

You dont.