We are not ready!!!

Dr.Brownz

We are pretty much ready unless we get hit with an outgoing next day air storm, then we are totally :censored2:ed. If they don't give us relaxed air soon we will have a ton of service failures

Cementups

Box Monkey
Got in this morning for 7:45 start and most of the package cars were blown out. Was told they ran a bunch of extra loads that they weren't supposed to run. Oh joy!! But made some monies ;)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Got in this morning for 7:45 start and most of the package cars were blown out. Was told they ran a bunch of extra loads that they weren't supposed to run. Oh joy!! But made some monies ;)

Your buddies on the hub side were notorious for sending us cold loads all through peak.:)

BrownArmy

Drove four trucks today on kamikaze missions trying to save as many cardboard soldiers that I could...

Couldn't save them all.

I'll be haunted for the rest of...the next ten minutes.

We're not ready in my center...we're loading trucks in the aisle between the rest of the trucks with little stand up rollers. Because that's a good, efficient idea.

We're loading trucks out of little 'pop-up food-truck style' belts outside the building where the trailers normally dock.

Because that makes sense (until, invariably, several drivers spend forty minutes unloading the packages from rentals into brownies...who do we blame for that? dispatch?)

I sincerely hope that the 'plan' I was told was being put in place is just getting worked out and the kinks will be straightened and this peak will be awesome. :wink2:

Once again, UPS is determined to make my paycheck as large as possible.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Drove four trucks today on kamikaze missions trying to save as many cardboard soldiers that I could...

Couldn't save them all.

I'll be haunted for the rest of...the next ten minutes.

We're not ready in my center...we're loading trucks in the aisle between the rest of the trucks with little stand up rollers. Because that's a good, efficient idea.

We're loading trucks out of little 'pop-up food-truck style' belts outside the building where the trailers normally dock.

Because that makes sense (until, invariably, several drivers spend forty minutes unloading the packages from rentals into brownies...who do we blame for that? dispatch?)

I sincerely hope that the 'plan' I was told was being put in place is just getting worked out and the kinks will be straightened and this peak will be awesome. :wink2:

Once again, UPS is determined to make my paycheck as large as possible.
What you described is how my center has done peak for the last 15 years at least. Seemed to work ok before.