We were told we wont be working over 9.5 during peak,but..................

It’s a dog and pony show... they spent a lot of money on it so they are going to make it work even if it is crap
Zs3BSdGN98MkU.gif

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Sounds like tears is ready for one those high paying jobs in the ivory tower.

Just a couple of clicks here, some parameter shift there, understand the technology here, get rid of some old guys there. Everybody ELSE just do their job. Orion is not hard at all.
It's all your pds fault. And now it's also your manager's fault. Well, when you combine all of this clueless management with this crappy guidance coming forth from i.e. it's absolutely no wonder.

it is their job

most centers i’ve seen dump their trash into the PDS job, because most managers have never dispatched so they don’t understand the importance
I was talking to a manager last week who was on an Orion team. He never rode with me, but he did do Orion rides in 3 of my old buildings.

He had absolutely no answers either. He can’t make Orion work in stop for stop order either. I told him I could train his younger drivers how to deliver without using the diad. It’s best to deliver like its 1999.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I was talking to a manager last week who was on an Orion team. He never rode with me, but he did do Orion rides in 3 of my old buildings.

He had absolutely no answers either. He can’t make Orion work in stop for stop order either. I told him I could train his younger drivers how to deliver without using the diad. It’s best to deliver like its 1999.
the ORION teams were filled with the dregs of UPS, it’s where everyone dumped their flunky on roads

just fyi

F

Frankie's Friend

Who told you that? 9.5 goes out the window during peak.
So does quality loads and the 15:00, 17:30, and 19:30 dispatches.
That creates 9.5s right out of the gate.
For the last 2 weeks our ignorant pds took three routes and got creative with them, saying that he could reduce the miles. Every driver in that "experiment" got more miles, less stops, and a lot more hours. One was violated over 9.5 hrs at least 3 out of 5 days.
Finally last friday the center manager pulled the plug on his "reinventing the wheel" experiment.
Until he's gone we'll have plenty of 9.5s. Peak will be 10-11 hrs a day.
Good luck.