We were told we wont be working over 9.5 during peak,but..................

Johney

that’s not a glitch, that’s a mistake

i “worked” maybe 3-4 hours when i was a PDS, add another for listening to on roads whine, and maybe 30min of listening to the drivers about improvements i could make

there are a solid 2-3 hours of pure maintenance time a PDS has in the middle of their day

if they say they don’t, they’re either lying or incompetent
How many drivers were you dispatching. Both these guys are very competent.

542thruNthru

I heard somebody saying that this morning but hell I never saw that.The only thing I saw about triple time was anything worked over 60hrs.

It's triple time if you're on the 9.5 list and are violated 3 times in a week.

Also it's double time after 60hrs. Not triple time.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
you keep saying ORION when you should be saying your dispatcher

ORION only does what they tell it to do
Please explain to me why any “solution” that requires a driver to deliver single packages off of random shelves in a bricked out car does not automatically get rejected?
You keep wanting to “blame the dispatcher” for the fact that UPS implemented a system that requires a driver to violate every fundamental method of package delivery that we have trained our drivers to use for the last 80 years.
We already had a working, efficient system that loaded the car in a logical order so that the driver could open the door, select a package, deliver it, and proceed directly to his next stop.
You replaced it with a system that defies logic, that makes the methods worthless, that has the driver randomly jumping from shelf to shelf, that skips over bulk stops, that requires excessive backing and left turns, and makes the orderly management and efficient handling and selection of packages impossible by its very design...but its the dispatchers fault?
There is a reason that the shelves are numbered one through eight.
There is a reason for RDL, RDL, MFL and MFR on the load chart.
In order to deliver a package the driver has to be able to find it, and in order to minimize the time wasted in sorting, rehandling and searching for packages there is a system called the 340 methods that drivers have been trained to follow.
You took something that worked, replaced it with something that doesnt, and you want to blame the dispatcher for that?
Loading the packages according to RDO, displaying the manifest in a completely different order, and then intentionally blocking the driver from being able to view it in sequential order is by far the most appallingly stupid action that the company has undertaken in the 31 years I have worked here and anyone who has ever actually done the job of a driver knows this to be true.

When I go back to work...I’m gonna show management a magic trick. I won’t get EDD in the morning. I will beat Orion miles and be punched out at least 1 hour before Orion says I should be. But not only that, I will let them pick the route and I will do it on a rainy day.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Each guy here has over a 100 each so maybe they don’t have the time
first off centers that exceed 80 drivers dispatched get broken up fast

second, centers that dispatch more drivers are faster to dispatch because you don’t have to think about each of the routes as closely as you would less drivers

third, if it’s a FT preload your add cuts still only take about as long as an EPD dispatch would, and thus the middle of your day is still empty, so your point is still moot

babboo25

Banned

second, centers that dispatch more drivers are faster to dispatch because you don’t have to think about each of the routes as closely as you would less drivers

third, if it’s a FT preload your add cuts still only take about as long as an EPD dispatch would, and thus the middle of your day is still empty, so your point is still moot
We’ve had forced Orion for about 6 months, we asked our center manager how much the paid day has increased in those 6 months, he says “Orion is just a guide, you don’t have to follow it”. Paid day has increased he said, wouldn’t give specifics. IE can nut hug Orion all they want, blame dispatchers etc but the fact is it’s terrible, unproductive and more importantly UNSAFE. We have guys running 3+ over and UPS can’t say a word because they are following Orion 85% and working safe.

Flavor of the month has been pickup compliance, ORION still has me doing them 1 to 1.5 hours early, hail to the Orion!

Last edited:

Johney

I showed my buddy in dispatch this post....he laughed at you! He said you really don't have a clue. Lol!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
What a arrogant turd

A big waste of time.

:rofl: That's all I got outta him this morning.

the best part is you guys don’t believe me, yet in the next thread you’ll complain about your dispatch and wonder why it’s so bad

C33EE856-0AAF-4FBD-8185-A1A535A426BE.gif

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
the best part is you guys don’t believe me, yet in the next thread you’ll complain about your dispatch and wonder why it’s so bad

View attachment 219103
ORION has potential but requires an almost stop by stop approach. I’ve had 7 different rides by 7 different cordinators that have all put their own touch on it. From what I’ve seen is that they’ll try to adjust an issue by inputting info but results in a domino effect that negatively effects the solution either before that point or after. Number one issue that I’ve seen witnessed and or experienced is that ORION is designed with one driver in mind, (driver X) if you will. Problem is that Driver X seems to be slow and inefficient and seems to need constant hand holding throughout the day to insure successful execution of his route.