We were told we wont be working over 9.5 during peak,but..................

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
that is literally the fault of your dispatcher
Wrong.
It is an inherent flaw in the entire concept, that began when a bunch of non-UPS contractors with zero knowledge of delivery methods rode around with us and input the map data into their little tablets.
Garbage in, garbage out.
Only an idiot equates dots on a map with real life delivery and pickup stops and attempts to formulate a “solution” whose only goal is the shortest linear distance between consecutive points in a trace.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Wrong.
It is an inherent flaw in the entire concept, that began when a bunch of non-UPS contractors with zero knowledge of delivery methods rode around with us and input the map data into their little tablets.
Garbage in, garbage out.
Only an idiot equates dots on a map with real life delivery and pickup stops and attempts to formulate a “solution” whose only goal is the shortest linear distance between consecutive points in a trace.
lol that’s not what ORION does

If RDO is near perfect, stop for stop, why change it?

How do you fix ODO so I don’t go into a neighborhood 2, 3 or even 4 times? How do you fix stopping on the same block 2-3 times? How do you fix breaking for a smart pickup that comes out of the board? How do you fix delivering businesses at 20:00? How do you fix it so I can deliver ALL the businesses on a busy road (in stop for stop order) by driving up one side then down the other?

I’ve got one answer, RDO. Right now, I fix it by looking on the shelf.

Johney

the best part is you guys don’t believe me, yet in the next thread you’ll complain about your dispatch and wonder why it’s so bad

View attachment 219103
It's not the point of not believing you it's the point of having time to fix it. Look I'm talking to a dispatcher who you say has time to do it and he tells me there is no way there isn't enough time in his day unless he puts in 14-15 hour days and that's not happening. I've known this guy for 30 years here he has no reason to blow smoke up my ass. I don't even work p/c.

Bigdog12

I thought this as well, our building only has about 4 spots left in the dog house now, with peak around the corner wtf we gonna do.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If RDO is near perfect, stop for stop, why change it?

How do you fix ODO so I don’t go into a neighborhood 2, 3 or even 4 times? How do you fix stopping on the same block 2-3 times? How do you fix breaking for a smart pickup that comes out of the board? How do you fix delivering businesses at 20:00? How do you fix it so I can deliver ALL the businesses on a busy road (in stop for stop order) by driving up one side then down the other?

I’ve got one answer, RDO. Right now, I fix it by looking on the shelf.
AM/PM parameters literally fix all of that

you’re just not getting it dude lol

It's not the point of not believing you it's the point of having time to fix it. Look I'm talking to a dispatcher who you say has time to do it and he tells me there is no way there isn't enough time in his day unless he puts in 14-15 hour days and that's not happening. I've known this guy for 30 years here he has no reason to blow smoke up my ass. I don't even work p/c.
the older ones never get the technology very well

wayfair

swollen member
Please explain to me why any “solution” that requires a driver to deliver single packages off of random shelves in a bricked out car does not automatically get rejected?
You keep wanting to “blame the dispatcher” for the fact that UPS implemented a system that requires a driver to violate every fundamental method of package delivery that we have trained our drivers to use for the last 80 years.
We already had a working, efficient system that loaded the car in a logical order so that the driver could open the door, select a package, deliver it, and proceed directly to his next stop.
You replaced it with a system that defies logic, that makes the methods worthless, that has the driver randomly jumping from shelf to shelf, that skips over bulk stops, that requires excessive backing and left turns, and makes the orderly management and efficient handling and selection of packages impossible by its very design...but its the dispatchers fault?
There is a reason that the shelves are numbered one through eight.
There is a reason for RDL, RDL, MFL and MFR on the load chart.
In order to deliver a package the driver has to be able to find it, and in order to minimize the time wasted in sorting, rehandling and searching for packages there is a system called the 340 methods that drivers have been trained to follow.
You took something that worked, replaced it with something that doesnt, and you want to blame the dispatcher for that?
Loading the packages according to RDO, displaying the manifest in a completely differentorder, and then intentionally blocking the driver from being able to view it in sequential order is by far the most appallingly stupid action that the company has undertaken in the 31 years I have worked here and anyone who has ever actually done the job of a driver knows this to be true.

have to repeat this...

F

Frankie's Friend

I don't blame him. The quality of helpers has declined every year.

Last year, a girl they hired couldn't go on-road, because the seat beat wasn't long enough.
The mechanic can install an elastic cart strap by the jump seat. One size fits all.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
AM/PM parameters literally fix all of that

you’re just not getting it dude lol

It’s not their job to fix it.
nobody cares about technology IF it works

Just keep kicking the can down the road
drivers will take care of it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
1982AB7D-479F-4DD3-9C5A-DEBB1B8A7077.jpeg
I don't blame him. The quality of helpers has declined every year.

Last year, a girl they hired couldn't go on-road, because the seat beat wasn't long enough.

She’s a center manager now don’t have to worry about getting on a pkg car

soberups

I started my career at UPS recording deliveries on paper, and I was adapting to new technology at UPS when you were still crapping in your diaper.
Technology is great—when it works.
PLD worked. CACD worked. Telematics works. 5 different versions of the DIAD have all worked, and PAS/EDD worked.
ORION doesnt work. It is garbage. It looks great on a computer monitor but it is useless in real time and in the real world. And if you had ever put browns on and delivered a route in a package car, you would know that.

soberups

So are you saying that you have your routes dispatched on ORION so that your guys deliver their bulk stops first, then start on shelf one and do their shelves in numerical order? Your guys arent bouncing from shelf to shelf, crawling over bulk and driving past stops all day like every other driver in the country is having to do?

Johney

So are you saying that you have your routes dispatched on ORION so that your guys deliver their bulk stops first, then start on shelf one and do their shelves in numerical order? Your guys arent bouncing from shelf to shelf, crawling over bulk and driving past stops all day like every other driver in the country is having to do?
He will tell all of us here they are but he’s full of :censored2:.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It’s not their job to fix it.
nobody cares about technology IF it works

Just keep kicking the can down the road
drivers will take care of it
it is their job

Maybe the dispatchers need to be trained, because just about everyone in the country is friend'ed up.
most centers i’ve seen dump their trash into the PDS job, because most managers have never dispatched so they don’t understand the importance

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We know what Orion does. It adds unnecessary miles, misses businesses, increases backs, increases hours, and encourages unsafe methods.
It’s a dog and pony show... they spent a lot of money on it so they are going to make it work even if it is crap