We're so heavy..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dunno about your center but here we have to cram the PCs in there like sardines.
I either adjust your mirrors or hit something. I'm adjusting the mirrors.
We have to pull them in to get the PCs to fit so the mirrors are getting moved anyways.

Pulling them in is one thing----adjusting them (and the seat) is another.

No need to adjust either the seat or mirrors when you are parking the pkg cars at night.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I didn't mean no disrespect to you car wash guys and I understand folding the mirrors in to get them lined up but why are the seats adjusted?

Because they need to be seated in a comfortable position to see out of the truck as well.

Sometimes I get in a truck and the guy has the seat up near the wheel with the front all the way down and the back all the way up. I can’t drive like that. Maybe he is 120 pounds from running and gunning all day, I am fat... about 10 year feeder driver fat.

PT Car Washer

Pretty much sounds like most older centers. Practically every small center I find looking on Google has a dog house extension. Many small centers volume has (nearly) doubled within the last five or so years.
We are using every doghouse that we normally use during Peak. 8 of them when usually we would be using 4 this time of year.

11.19igrad

Hey man....your heart is in the right place. It’s good that your parents raised you to be a hard working guy....mine did too. Been working since I was 14 years old and I pushed my body to the limit in every job I've ever had, including UPS when I first started.
Ive been driving for 3 years. In my packet I scratched by over an hour consistently, I wasn’t going to take no for an answer.
Within a year, my knees and back started to have problems. I’m 31, have worked manual labor most of my life, and I’m sure that doesn’t help...but I’m a pretty healthy guy, in shape, I eat my fruits and veggies and balanced meals all throughout the week. Drink nothing but water and black coffee. I do a full body stretch every damn day when I wake up and before I go to bed. I take glutamine and glucosamine every day to help with joint soreness.
Right now I’m sitting on my couch and my whole body is sore after another 55+ hour week. I’m 31, but feel like I’m 50. I know for a fact that my body isn’t going to hold up for 20 years here...and you know what? UPS could care friend’ing less if I, OR YOU drop dead tomorrow. The machine will keep moving, and your grave stone isn’t going to say “he was a really hard worker.”
I genuinely, honestly want to be a productive guy, I don’t want to pass work along to my brothers...but you get to a point where taking care of yourself should be your #1 priority. I’m there, man. I will do my best to get everything off the truck, WHILE maintaining complete control of my body and mind. If that means I gotta slow it down....and it often does....thats what the friend I’m gonna do
I'm new and man do I feel you. If I get it back at panel I was planning a few years to save up, try to get a certificate in cloud computing or something and try for a tech position at ups or somewhere. It's brutal work. I never did imagine it for the rest of my life. And it sucks that days off ur just so exhausted u don't want to lift a finger. Money is ok but u spend a lot to live comfortably. If I did do it for a lifetime I'd need a maid and a cook to even enjoy any time off .

Air Recovery

If this is true then he is one to be respected as in my 32+ years I have never seen this happen, for that matter I haven't even see an on-road cover a run with or without a helper in at least 20 years. So no offense but I'm calling :bsbullf:

Our center manager and a few of our om roads are capable of doing full routes

RolloTony Brown Town

If this is true then he is one to be respected as in my 32+ years I have never seen this happen, for that matter I haven't even see an on-road cover a run with or without a helper in at least 20 years. So no offense but I'm calling :bsbullf:

That bananas to me. I had a driver who used to have an anxiety problem and would pull himself off road 1-2 hours into his day, multiple times per month. I covered without a helper numerous times.

I believed my manager could’ve done it but it never got to that.

RealPerson

Businesses are being asked in some areas to HOLD packages 22nd-26th and pickup will begin again on the 27th but will only pickup the packages from the 27th and then the 22nd. The next day the 28th they will pickup those packages and then the ones from the 23rd. Stores should all be picked up on the 29th.

Your math omits peak season and the fact we get more than an hour of overtime but still proves $85K is an awesome day at any job that doesn't require a college degree.
Those numbers are way off
Let's try 38 dollars per hour and $57 per hour overtime
And getting some double time is absolutely sweet
You probably have to work a little over 8 hours of overtime or so a week to make two grand a week

Est.1998

Those numbers are way off
Let's try 38 dollars per hour and $57 per hour overtime
And getting some double time is absolutely sweet
You probably have to work a little over 8 hours of overtime or so a week to make two grand a week
And what driver at UPS works only 8 hours each day year round? You're gonna do a minimum 9.5 the majority of your career. At least that's how it is in my center.