We're so heavy..

Est.1998

845 start time this morning and didn't punch til 1950. Had 170 off by 1805 on a city route, not good enough -- "go take 20 off this driver." Respond it will be my 5th violation in 5 days. "That's fine, thank you." No. It's not fine.

Second time in 3 weeks I've been over 9.5 all 5 days. 4 legit grieves in the last 6 weeks, and I scratch my damn route most days. Not in a bonus center, don't cut corners and rarely under more than 20 clicks. On the grieve I file next week I'm requesting my meeting per Art 37 with "the District Labor Manager, Business Agent and the Co-Chairs of the applicable Supplemental panel to determine what actions are necessary to ensure compliance." We'll see how that goes.
That sucks when you look at the board and you see you have 10 stops left and that green light comes on. I feel your pain. UPS motto has always been to reward the fast guys with more work.

Est.1998

I tell all the cover drivers, you don’t put my seat and mirrors back to where I like them, it’s atomic wedgie time.
It's the car wash guys that adjust the seats and mirrors in my center which I fail to understand why because you're in the PC no longer than 10 mins. Just long enough to fill the tank and park.

Whither

Scofflaw
That sucks when you look at the board and you see you have 10 stops left and that green light comes on. I feel your pain. UPS motto has always been to reward the fast guys with more work.

Most of these weeks they've been taking work off me. Been going out with over 250 stops twice a week, planned days 13-plus hours. I'll give 30ish to an air driver, still an 11.5 hr day.

Driver I helped yesterday is also sick of the long days. I brought up that provision in Art 37 and he'll be requesting a meeting as well.

On the brighter side, I actually have Tues off as my paid holiday.

Scuderia

If this is true then he is one to be respected as in my 32+ years I have never seen this happen, for that matter I haven't even see an on-road cover a run with or without a helper in at least 20 years. So no offense but I'm calling :bsbullf:

But man wouldn’t it be rich to pull up to the center manager on road needing help? I’d just drive by and tell him to rely on that premium Intergrad education and just follow orion, and drive off. :teethy:

Maplewood

That even our PE guys are getting OT.

:censored2:ers are driven tugs around making $57 an hour OT wtf UPS. That could pay for 3 new young people that quit the next day.

I dont work quite like that. In the west our senority part-timers get around $1000 a month into their pension and at least another $1500 a month for health & welfare.

AwashBwashCwash

It's the car wash guys that adjust the seats and mirrors in my center which I fail to understand why because you're in the PC no longer than 10 mins. Just long enough to fill the tank and park.

Dunno about your center but here we have to cram the PCs in there like sardines.
I either adjust your mirrors or hit something. I'm adjusting the mirrors.
We have to pull them in to get the PCs to fit so the mirrors are getting moved anyways.

JJinVA

A guy last week worked his whole vacation. Said he didn't mind, he has four more.
As for me, when I'm on vacation, I look the other way when I see anything brown.

I just requested my first vacation for the second week before Thanksgiving. I did it knowing they will call and ask me to work, and Im just gonna tell them "for time and a half itll be worth it, but short of that Ill see you next week", and then just wait five minutes for the phone to ring again asking me to come in for time and a half muahaha

watdaflock?

Dunno about your center but here we have to cram the PCs in there like sardines.
We have to pull them in to get the PCs to fit so the mirrors are getting moved anyways.
Pretty much sounds like most older centers. Practically every small center I find looking on Google has a dog house extension. Many small centers volume has (nearly) doubled within the last five or so years.

Est.1998

I didn't mean no disrespect to you car wash guys and I understand folding the mirrors in to get them lined up but why are the seats adjusted?