Western Conf. +177 Health and Welfare/Pension raise division

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
I just found out that this year and next year all of our $1.00 health and welfare increase will go into our health insurance.

Nothing into our pensions until 2016.
Yes and the union has the right to also defer the last two years if healthcare rises. And knowing the trends of the profiteering healthcare industry in our beloved America you better bet your tail they will take the last two year of our pension increase as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just found out that this year and next year all of our $1.00 health and welfare increase will go into our health insurance.

Nothing into our pensions until 2016.

Your last sentence is misleading. You will continue to receive the same contributions in to your pension as under the previous contract. The H&W increases, which are usually split between healthcare and pension, will all go to the healthcare.

The top rate in our center is just over $32/hour, which is less than what most of you receive. The reason is we have voted to divert a portion of the raises from the previous contract to our struggling pension fund. I would personally rather make a little less now to ensure that I am secure when I retire.

Yes and the union has the right to also defer the last two years if healthcare rises. And knowing the trends of the profiteering healthcare industry in our beloved America you better bet your tail they will take the last two year of our pension increase as well.
I bet at the end of this contract you will want into teamcare.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Your last sentence is misleading. You will continue to receive the same contributions in to your pension as under the previous contract. The H&W increases, which are usually split between healthcare and pension, will all go to the healthcare.

The top rate in our center is just over $32/hour, which is less than what most of you receive. The reason is we have voted to divert a portion of the raises from the previous contract to our struggling pension fund. I would personally rather make a little less now to ensure that I am secure when I retire.
In SoCal we're at $34.54. Luckily for us our Pension is 93% funded but quickly declining. It was 97% funded when the last contract was ratified. It's the strongest pension fund in the Teamsters and Hoffa tried to go after it to inject some funds into the failing funds. The feds got in the way thankfully blocked his crooked :censored2:. But it's sad you guys had to differ your raises do to the incompetence of you. Executive Board.

In SoCal we're at $34.54. Luckily for us our Pension is 93% funded but quickly declining. It was 97% funded when the last contract was ratified. It's the strongest pension fund in the Teamsters and Hoffa tried to go after it to inject some funds into the failing funds. The feds got in the way thankfully blocked his crooked :censored2:. But it's sad you guys had to differ your raises do to the incompetence of you. Executive Board.
The ups/Ibt plan is the strongest fund now. All upsers and with this hiring spree it's the place to be. Your multi employer funds are dinosaurs.

Atomic_Smurf

Just for the record, remember when BIG insurance endorsed ObamaCare & the supporters of the law cheered "but da insurance companies are foooor it.". That because the ACA legalized the price gouging of working peoples plans to provide subsidies to others. Obama gets the credit, ins & employers get the blame & we get to pay for it.

O/C

The IBT/ups pension plan is a defined benefit plan. In other words the company annually contributes monetary to cover the promised benefit. All teamster controlled plans are monetary contribution plans, that are funded per Article 34 master.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

Pension payout also went up to $4100 a month.

Pension went up........also those who voted yes will be paying more for their healthcare when they retire so........In reality the raise goes right out the door.....nice deal? And all the YES voters put us current retirees in that same boat...Someday future current employees will return the favor to them...Already to late...USS Big Brown is taking on water......

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I was talking about heath and welfare/pension RAISES. So I was accurate about nothing into our pensions until 2016.
We still get $9.85 per hour, up to 2080 hours, into our pensions until then.