Western PA

Team89

Central ballots don't go out to the 5th of March.

Quit counting your retro check so fast. And who says the supplements are going to pass anyways?

No, 243, Western, and Central all went out this week. They are to be tallied on March 5th. And I was giving a "best case scenario" for the implementation of the contract.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Also looks like TDU posted it.

See, they are good for something.

And, they are still posting pics from the 2001 convention....

trying to make themselves look relevant.

tim_buban_thumb.jpg

Guy in the white shirt is Tim B.... with his "state of the art" flip phone.

The 2021 IBT Convention—What’s at Stake?

Staydryitsraining

Western PA supplement that will be voted on has VERY MINIMAL language compared to the 1st supplement that was voted down. Full timers have vacation language for a couple months that had no language before. Part timers will be paid time & a half when forced to work holidays (no OT for 6th or 7th punch like 1st supplement had). No language regarding UPS covering the pension shortfalls like 1st supplement (FT employees will lose $.30/hr from August raise as things stand now). All employees in Western PA NEED TO VOTE THIS LAUGHABLE SUPPLEMENT DOWN! UPS refused to call this their "last, best & final offer" because our Locals would've brought NLRB charges against them for failing to negotiate in good faith. There WILL be a BETTER OFFER coming, as long as we shoot this BS down. Encourage your members to vote, their future is riding on their participation.
How do you loose a raise? No ot for a 6 or 7 punch? Wtf is going on in pa

542thruNthru

Some local supplements came with a warning the first time they were voted on. If you vote this down, we will not offer this compensation again. Weather it was pension or raises.

Yep and all I know is Western PA better stand up and be heard. This is the company using our own union against us. Knowing full well now, that if 50% or 2/3s don't vote they win.

bowhnterdon

I have a feeling that even it is rejected by the threshold, the IBT will enforce it anyway. Hope I am wrong, but if past practice is any indicator...

Crosscutters

Just wait when the western pa supplement has 10,000 members, 4999 vote no, 0 vote yes and the national claims....

Western Pa teamsters ratify contract !!!!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
"Just wait when the western pa supplement has 10,000 members, 4999 vote no, 0 vote yes and the national claims....
Western Pa teamsters ratify contract !!!!"

That would be more then 2/3s so it would be rejected.

It's 50% of the membership or 2/3s vote no.

You are not quite correct!

Try again!

Last edited:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
542, You have to think like DT or BUG....

Start with the mind set of, "I would sell my mother and sleep with my sister if that is what it takes to screw those who pay me to represent them!"

By thinking like that it will come to you!

542thruNthru

542, You have to think like DT or BUG....

Start with the mind set of, "I would sell my mother and sleep with my sister if that is what it takes to screw those who pay me to represent them!"

By thinking like that it will come to you!

I'm guessing you're referring to them imposing it even though it was voted down.

F

Frankie's Friend

And, they are still posting pics from the 2001 convention....

trying to make themselves look relevant.
Guy in the white shirt is Tim B.... with his "state of the art" flip phone.
In 2001 that phone probably was state of the art.

In 1995 they were still selling "brick" phones.