Western Pennsylvania April 6th VOTE

stray

79¢ is not more than$2.41

The requirement to increase pension contributions to the fund has been reduced from the 6% that would've added up to $2.41 when they negotiated the first offer. It is now $.39 with the possibility of TeamCare needing $.20 in 2021 and 2022. That is irrelevant to the members who are still keeping their entire raises, UPS is on the hook for any pension or healthcare shortfalls. Additionally, we are keeping the holiday rate for Black Friday for 4 of the 5 years, which is approximately $600 in each full timer's pocket over the duration of the agreement. The Black Friday language is now MOU so it does not automatically transfer into the 2023-???? agreement without Union approval. Win for the members.

The requirement to increase pension contributions to the fund has been reduced from the 6% that would've added up to $2.41 when they negotiated the first offer. It is now $.39 with the possibility of TeamCare needing $.20 in 2021 and 2022. That is irrelevant to the members who are still keeping their entire raises, UPS is on the hook for any pension or healthcare shortfalls. Additionally, we are keeping the holiday rate for Black Friday for 4 of the 5 years, which is approximately $600 in each full timer's pocket over the duration of the agreement. The Black Friday language is now MOU so it does not automatically transfer into the 2023-???? agreement without Union approval. Win for the members.
You don't understand.

stray

You don't understand.

giphy-downsized.gif

Jonathon Freeloader

Been at the vote meetings all day. The 3rd supplement offer will most likely be ratified in Western PA. There is one Local voting tomorrow but they voted Yes on the first supplement so I do not see their vote overturning the majority Yes vote today. Turnout is well below 50% at my Local which is the largest in Western PA.
Thank you for the update. Hope it's a better deal for you guys.

stray

U want your head smashed in???

Say when & where.

Sorry but I'm curious how you know it's a overwhelming Yes vote? Are they being counted right in front of you or are you going off what people say?

Yes, the votes were counted after each meeting.

I thought it was a 2 day vote so Sunday's voting is mute?

Local 249 is the only Local voting tomorrow. They voted in favor of the 1st offer before but even if they all voted No, it is mathematically impossible to overturn the massive Yes vote today at all of the other Locals.

F

Frankie's Friend

Say when & where.

Local 249 is the only Local voting tomorrow. They voted in favor of the 1st offer before but even if they all voted No, it is mathematically impossible to overturn the massive Yes vote today at all of the other Locals.
Voting percentages are worth more than the vote itself in this situation wouldn't you think?
Because people are just waiting to impose this unpopular cba.

542thruNthru

Say when & where.

Is local 249 the only local with Saturday delivery?

I ask because it seems wrong to hold a one day Sat vote when people have to work.

stray

Voting percentages are worth more than the vote itself in this situation wouldn't you think?
Because people are just waiting to impose this unpopular cba.

No, what is worth most is the fact that we held out for a better deal and got exactly that. Many who were in favor of the most recent deal chose not to vote because they knew it'd pass. I don't necessarily agree with that line of thinking but, it is what it is.

Is local 249 the only local with Saturday delivery?

I ask because it seems wrong to hold a one day Sat vote when people have to work.

No, they all have Saturday delivery. We had a number of drivers show up before they started work. Had a quick meeting with them and got them on their way. Was this meeting "fair"? I would've preferred that we had more than 5 days and were able to utilize the same internet/phone voting as the prior 2 votes but, they wanted this decided before the next GEB meeting in two weeks so it was done this way.

Your moms house. Tomorrow at noon.

Cool, I'll make sure your legs don't get broken so you can cut the grass once were done.

The Teamsters is a terrible Union. You give them money weekly, they get nothing accomplished weekly. Many states are outlawing the, you must be in the union. If you don’t have to pay Union dues don’t. UPS got its preloaders a $2.00 an hour raise to start. That $2.00 will go right into the Union, who again does nothing.