Western Pennsylvania April 6th VOTE

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Second offer worse than the first, yet somehow brought to the membership for a vote in hopes of not satisfying the two-thirds/50% rule.

....then instead of electronic balloting the third vote was held on a Saturday at the union halls with a required presentation, again hoping to insure that the two-thirds/50% rule wasn't satisfied.

It all stunk to high heavens and after today's vote in 804, the music will stop, and Local 243 will be standing alone without a seat.
Don’t forget the threat to impose offer 2 if offer 3 were voted down.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
@stray and @BrownMonk.....you guys make me sad, as you sit back and reflect on all of this as if it's a "good thing" and was on the "up and up"???

SMH

Sad because you don't agree with the outcome? I had my say with my ballot and now the same applies to every other UPSer. The 2/3 rule didn't apply with W. Pa. since it was voted overwhelmingly through by the membership. I take my situation in life and make my vote. I expect the same with every member. I don't have the same concerns, pressures, responsibilities, and other factors as someone else. The day I start believing my opinion is the only one worth listening to is the day I am worthless.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The 2/3 rule didn't apply with W. Pa. since it was voted overwhelmingly through by the membership.
....and why do you suppose that was the case???

I submit it was because they were scared to death not to, not knowing who was working for them, or who was working against them.
I take my situation in life and make my vote. I expect the same with every member. I don't have the same concerns, pressures, responsibilities, and other factors as someone else.
As a union member I try to vote on not just "my situation", rather how the entire collective bargaining agreement will effect all members past, present, and future.

This mindset is what has allowed us to be where we are today, while yours being why we are regressing in consecutive contracts.

The day I start believing my opinion is the only one worth listening to is the day I am worthless.
Finally, something we can agree on.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Second offer worse than the first, yet somehow brought to the membership for a vote in hopes of not satisfying the two-thirds/50% rule.

I have a different "take" on that.

The company wasn't required to leave the first offer on the table.

Not hitting the 2/3's and 50% rule is speculation.

....then instead of electronic balloting the third vote was held on a Saturday at the union halls with a required presentation, again hoping to insure that the two-thirds/50% rule wasn't satisfied.

That kind of "weeded out" all the negative bigmouths on FaceBook.

They care so much about their future.... they can't bother to show up to vote.

It all stunk to high heavens

Hey....

This is the Teamsters Union.

Not the girl scouts.

and after today's vote in 804, the music will stop

I don't know anyone in Local 804, and have no input to reference.

and Local 243 will be standing alone without a seat.

Oops....

@browned out is standing on an island now.

Local 243's NLRB charges were shot down.

It's all up to him now....

:biggrin:

-Bug-

BrownMonk

I submit it was because they were scared to death not to, not knowing who was working for them, or who was working against them.

As a union member I try to vote on not just "my situation", rather how the entire collective bargaining agreement will effect all members past, present, and future.

This mindset is what has allowed us to be where we are today, while yours being why we are regressing in consecutive contracts.

I submit that there was a different contract to vote for and the people made up their minds on that difference. Apparently, it wasn't the same offer and addressed the concerns of the other votes.

In a previous contract where the part time employees got larger raises than myself, I voted for it because they were always ignored as far as catching up. This master I voted no on because I think the company is going to abuse the technology language and no package driver should work 70 hours because it isn't safe. I'm well over 30 years so this doesn't really apply to me because I'm out the door any day now. I was looking out for the newer drivers. I also took a look at the 22.4 language but made a decision that it wasn't that bad because all the Locals around here have casual language that is worse than this language (no different) and most buildings don't do Saturday delivery anyway except airs. Interesting how you think your thinking is better.

Sounds like you still think your thinking is the only one that counts and you are somehow a better Teamster because of the decisions you make. I submit that the greatness and moving forward of the organization is multiple opinions and the outcome of those.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

More conspiracy nonsense. (my opinion)

I wish every Union member felt the same way.

The totality of the progressive contracts, has always benefited the Union member.

-Bug-

stray

@stray and @BrownMonk.....you guys make me sad, as you sit back and reflect on all of this as if it's a "good thing" and was on the "up and up"???

SMH

One can speculate on whether everything was on the "up and up". But, the outcome isn't debatable. The offer that was ratified is more lucrative for the members, period. That, is a good thing.

Don’t forget the threat to impose offer 2 if offer 3 were voted down.

I don't agree with any offer being imposed on the members after it met the IBT's rigid criteria for rejection. They certainly discussed imposing our second offer, but found a great amount of opposition at the time and tabled the discussion at the last GEB meeting. Much of the opposition revolved around the regressive offer that was rejected and, how unfair it would be to impose THAT offer. If Western PA had rejected a superior offer to both previous offers, I doubt the opposition would be as great as it previously had been. At the vote Saturday, Ken H and Bill H were asked if the 2nd offer would be imposed if we voted this (3rd) offer down. They responded by saying they couldn't say for sure, but had concerns that it may - no one knows what the GEB might decide next time they met. They clearly told the members that, this was their vote and they can vote yes or no. So, those who showed up to my meetings (I stayed for all of the meetings) were not threatened in any way.

Now we have a union that has successfully scared its membership into a yes vote and is crowing victory.

It’s a sad time to be a teamster.

Nonsense. The yes vote was a result of the financial gains for both full time and part time employees.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At the vote Saturday, Ken H and Bill H were asked if the 2nd offer would be imposed if we voted this (3rd) offer down. They responded by saying they couldn't say for sure, but had concerns that it may - no one knows what the GEB might decide next time they met. They clearly told the members that, this was their vote and they can vote yes or no. So, those who showed up to my meetings (I stayed for all of the meetings) were not threatened in any way.

Nonsense. The yes vote was a result of the financial gains for both full time and part time employees.
You can vote however you want but yes the worst offer you’ve received may be imposed.

Sure no scare tactics at all lol

Jim Rockford

That kind of "weeded out" all the negative bigmouths on FaceBook.

They care so much about their future.... they can't bother to show up to vote.

They shoulda made it even more inconvenient to vote.,,just to weed out even more dues paying members. ..and DUNK on all them facebook naysayers.

Needabiggerhammer

I asked in the 243 thread, but since the discussion is current here...

My BA (why yes I CAN provide a local and a name) was under the impression last week that we were only waiting on 804. He sent our steward a text last week that was shown to us this morning explicitly stating that as soon as 804 passes, the contract will be ratified. He said this even prior to the western PA vote this past weekend.

Anyone have any idea what this means for 243? Is my BA eyeballs deep in BS? Is 243 set to be imposed pending the results of 804?

BrownMonk

They shoulda made it even more inconvenient to vote.,,just to weed out even more dues paying members. ..and DUNK on all them facebook naysayers.

Again, Only a very few contracts within the IBT are voted by mail. The majority of the members go down to the unionhall or other location to cast their ballot for their contract.

Should UPS be treated differently and cost the union way more than every other contract?

BrownMonk

An ex candidate for the TDU slate stood at a meeting at W. Pa and spoke positively of the new agreement. Sounds like all sides had decided it was a decent change.

F

Frankie's Friend

Who ?

I need a name.

The members are afraid of the IBT, and only talk :censored2: online ?

You always were....
A. Cant post that name on here.
B. Most members arent online.
C. "You always were"--were what?

If a poll was taken questioning the ups membership's faith in the ibt leadership what do you think the outcome would show and what would be the reason for those results?

F

Frankie's Friend

An ex candidate for the TDU slate stood at a meeting at W. Pa and spoke positively of the new agreement. Sounds like all sides had decided it was a decent change.
Can you post the name of that ex candidate for the jury please?