Western Pennsylvania April 6th VOTE

MoarTape

How are you saying this most recent offer is worse than the first offer? It is identical to the first offer except, they are not taking Black Friday away as paid at time and a half until the final year of the contract. In the first offer, we would have lost it at time and a half immediately.

Slightly worse. They reduced the pension contributions. They also took away time and a half for part timers that are forced to work holidays. I was for the first offer and I'm for this one. They've made it clear that if this is voted down, the second offer will be forced. There was also mention of 66 new full time jobs for western PA, but I haven't been able to find that in either agreement.

I may be mistaken on the pension contributions, so please, correct me if I'm wrong.

FB_IMG_1554236482515.jpg
Screenshot_20190404-084816.png

Last edited:

stray

Slightly worse. They reduced the pension contributions. They also took away time and a half for part timers that are forced to work holidays. I was for the first offer and I'm for this one. They've made it clear that if this is voted down, the second offer will be forced. There was also mention of 66 new full time jobs for western PA, but I haven't been able to find that in either agreement.

I may be mistaken on the pension contributions, so please, correct me if I'm wrong.

View attachment 242709 View attachment 242710

The language that you're showing from the recent offer is not in place of the pension contributions described in the MOU. The ($.30/.00/.01/.03/.05) is the amount UPS will additionally put into the pension fund, rather than having it taken from our hourly raises. Also, the PT employees are still getting OT for their 6th and 7th punch.

MoarTape

The language that you're showing from the recent offer is not in place of the pension contributions described in the MOU. The ($.30/.00/.01/.03/.05) is the amount UPS will additionally put into the pension fund, rather than having it taken from our hourly raises. Also, the PT employees are still getting OT for their 6th and 7th punch.

It says "this paragraph shall replace the MOU", so I don't see how that would be the case. Are you referring to the "up to 50 cents" part? I may have misread that the first time around. Hopefully they don't weasel their way out of that part.

That's the whole point of the explanation before the vote. Hopefully everyone will have a better understanding and it doesn't turn into a complete :censored2: show.

Last edited:

stray

It says "this paragraph shall replace the MOU", so I don't see how that would be the case. Are you referring to the "up to 50 cents" part? I may have misread that the first time around. Hopefully they don't weasel their way out of that part.

That's the whole point of the explanation before the vote. Hopefully everyone will have a better understanding and it doesn't turn into a complete :censored2: show.

Actually, it says "all terms of the first tentative agreement will be included". Then, line 1 says the July 2018 MOU on 4/10s will also be included, as well as the other terms described in lines 2 & 3. It is an improvement over the 1st offer and FAR superior to the 2nd offer.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You really....got me Big Union Man. Either way- wouldn't do much good discussing anything with you since you know everything. Thanks for everything tough guy.

I'm open to discussing anything, with anyone.

Just don't get butt hurt.... because I don't agree with you.

I can appreciate opinions and idealistic views.

But, I deal with reality.... which is the contract.