What are things that irritate you at work?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Supervisors picking up boxes off the floor and stacking them on the rollers then breaking the jam.People that build walls with no gap.People who put bags in their walls.Working in trailers with a fan that won't shut off.Smitty Bilts.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Supervisors picking up boxes off the floor and stacking them on the rollers then breaking the jam.People that build walls with no gap.People who put bags in their walls.Working in trailers with a fan that won't shut off.Smitty Bilts.
There is a spiritual axiom that says whenever you are irritated by someone or something there is something fundamentally wrong with you.

What is troubling you my friend?

quad decade guy

Are we wearing masks or not? Mgt. stands at the building entrance all masked up(to show example or intimidate)....yet 10 ft away, nobody is wearing a mask.

People walking in through the out door or out through the in door. Then get upset as you walk through the proper door. Any open door is the right one.....just so they don't have to open it.

Waiting around for double utilized tractor keys and then questioned why you were late on departure. Or spending an hour looking for your trailers....how about both? Then maybe having an on property break down? Because the meet guy departed with a broken trailer and left it to you to get repaired? Then being questioned why you were late....

Getting a blank look from mgt. on just about ANY question. Seething anger from mgt. Or looking very scared......

The general crappy condition of just about anything at UPS. Way too many examples of this.......

Declarative policies or statements that are never enforced or monitored. Yard control(safety) for example.

Empowering folks with authority that have never done the job or have a clue about real world operations.

How about laying your weeks worth of uniforms across the break room table(rendering it unusable to anyone else) then getting irritated because you asked to use the table......or in their absence move them(respectfully, carefully).

People that see a situation.....and do absolutely nothing......just for pure sorriness and spite(like on BC).

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Greedy co-workers that are financially stable and past retirement age, that come to work every day complaining. Enjoy life you can't take it with you, and before I get flamed, I plan on going in 6 years, as soon as I hit 25 full-time years.

quad decade guy

Greedy co-workers that are financially stable and past retirement age, that come to work every day complaining. Enjoy life you can't take it with you, and before I get flamed, I plan on going in 6 years, as soon as I hit 25 full-time years.
So, what is "retirement age"? To you? Where is this written in stone? See?

Who are you to determine greed? Or success?

Complaining about being flamed as you are doing just that.....to people you have no clue of their finances or situation.

Enjoy life......please define such.

Quitting at 25 years......so? 6 years......a lot can change and will. I know of folks that did just that. Some of their pensions have been cut to a fraction.......and they are years away from death........passing up sometimes a million dollars of income. Is that smart or stupid?

Complaining(like you are doing now)......define such. And what are these complaints? And why do you care?

All of this is very subjective and frankly none of your business. But yet, you complain........

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.

Complaining about being flamed as you are doing just that.....to people you have no clue of their finances or situation.

Quitting at 25 years......so? 6 years......a lot can change and will. I know of folks that did just that. Some of their pensions have been cut to a fraction.......and they are years away from death........passing up sometimes a million dollars of income. Is that smart or stupid?

Complaining(like you are doing now)......define such. And what are these complaints? And why do you care?

All of this is very subjective and frankly none of your business. But yet, you complain........
Not really a complaint, just bitter co-workers irritate me.

Last One In

No offense, but if these are your biggest irritations at UPS I would count my lucky stars. It only gets worse the longer you are here. Enjoy.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Oh S* here we go again