What are things that irritate you at work?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Seriously....

Who would by their own hand cart and provide cleaning supplies ?
I would never. I think individuals acting unilaterally in this way actually perpetuate the failures that these incorrect acts are meant to correct.

I strongly recommend not even considering this as a reasonable solution.

quad decade guy

I agree 100% that after all the processes in place to handle grievances are given a fair effort an ad lib may be a temporary solution. (I would never buy a hand cart for UPS, however.

How many failure to provide hand cart grievances did you file and not receive satisfaction from before you ad libbed in such a IMO peculiar way?

Do you suggest that if everyone enforced the contract that the company would cease to exist?

Do you believe in enforcing the contract?

What year did you buy your hand truck?

Arguably it may have been a possible solution in the past, I would discourage this as solution to this problem now.
I bought my handcart for me. Matter of fact, I used it yesterday at home......I use it all the time. Just like gloves, Windex etc. It is interesting that you guys don't say a word about cleaning supplies etc. A handcart(to me) is just like a flashlight or anything else....buying brown UPS socks etc.

I bought my OWN handcart FOR ME. It was always there and could be easily traced if stolen. Every UPS handcart looked the same and if a driver put their name on it(it didn't belong to them, it's UPS's property)....the name would just be removed. Just like anything at UPS is not YOURS.......it's UPS's.

The contract didn't have anything to do with my experience. Being able to get to work and get started without a daily fiasco and starting the day IRRITATED.....was worth the investment I still have today. Which ironically, is what this thread is about.

Peculiar way?

No, I'm suggesting that if I/we waited around for UPS to literally do just about anything......it would quickly grind to a halt. You(and the few blockheads that slither around BC) that seem to live in some monolithic work environment.....just isn't reality. Just like the thousands of pkg/feeder drivers that dispatch every day.......we work around the idiotic leadership/co-workers to get the job done. Hell, you have a BC union guy right here that admits he doesn't support union members....admits it. You have guys right here that admit to not following the contract/methods whatever. How about you? Never? Really? To the letter now.....

And when you go into enforcing the contract etc.........say you wait around each morning etc. for handcart disaster.....this puts you in the crosshairs of mgt........you are late, miss airs etc.......this leads to observation on and on.......which the outcome is uncertain....given that we have admitted union reps that cannot be relied upon for support and true representation......you work around both and have a long and profitable career. Or you can go into work, fight from the get go and end up retiring....bottom feeding on BC because you got no money and are insanely jealous of the folks that do.

quad decade guy

For the benefit of this discussion please define “true bootlicker”.

Name calling is not nice.

It is nice to be nice, even to those you may disapprove or disagree with.
Please define "name calling".

Where do descriptive adjectives apply here?

BTW, the "terms of service" are selectively applied on BC.

quad decade guy

When someone parks their tractor outside of dispatch when they are leaving instead of dropping it off at the pumps so the next guy has to fuel it.
Well.....let's say you are told not to fuel. The guy before you drops his tractor off at the fuel pumps anyway and blocks them.....even though the fueler is gone already or whatever......on and on.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I bought my handcart for me. Matter of fact, I used it yesterday at home......I use it all the time. Just like gloves, Windex etc. It is interesting that you guys don't say a word about cleaning supplies etc. A handcart(to me) is just like a flashlight or anything else....buying brown UPS socks etc.

I bought my OWN handcart FOR ME. It was always there and could be easily traced if stolen. Every UPS handcart looked the same and if a driver put their name on it(it didn't belong to them, it's UPS's property)....the name would just be removed. Just like anything at UPS is not YOURS.......it's UPS's.

The contract didn't have anything to do with my experience. Being able to get to work and get started without a daily fiasco and starting the day IRRITATED.....was worth the investment I still have today. Which ironically, is what this thread is about.

Peculiar way?

No, I'm suggesting that if I/we waited around for UPS to literally do just about anything......it would quickly grind to a halt. You(and the few blockheads that slither around BC) that seem to live in some monolithic work environment.....just isn't reality. Just like the thousands of pkg/feeder drivers that dispatch every day.......we work around the idiotic leadership/co-workers to get the job done. Hell, you have a BC union guy right here that admits he doesn't support union members....admits it. You have guys right here that admit to not following the contract/methods whatever. How about you? Never? Really? To the letter now.....

And when you go into enforcing the contract etc.........say you wait around each morning etc. for handcart disaster.....this puts you in the crosshairs of mgt........you are late, miss airs etc.......this leads to observation on and on.......which the outcome is uncertain....given that we have admitted union reps that cannot be relied upon for support and true representation......you work around both and have a long and profitable career. Or you can go into work, fight from the get go and end up retiring....bottom feeding on BC because you got no money and are insanely jealous of the folks that do.
Late airs due to management not providing a handcart is a layup for even an inept steward.

quad decade guy

Who is that ?
This is delicious.....

YOU!

Remember Doorbell boy......? You admitted "nobody's going to represent him...."(paraphrasing).

Now, tell me you don't "trade" careers one for another.....cut deals...."negotiate"...

Why is it that one guy gets his job back and the other doesn't.....for virtually the same thing....?

Please spare me the platitudes.....

quad decade guy

Late airs due to management not providing a handcart is a layup for even an inept steward.
Ok. Fair enough.

I've seen plenty of easy layups and even hockey shots go missed......

Point is.......while it should be a "non event".......it's what follows afterword. They'll get you eventually....witness how some of these folks think it's a badge of honor to be fired. Say what you will.........eliminating the source of irritation(whatever) will....in the long run....provide a smoother and more profitable career.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Ok. Fair enough.

I've seen plenty of easy layups and even hockey shots go missed......

Point is.......while it should be a "non event".......it's what follows afterword. They'll get you eventually....witness how some of these folks think it's a badge of honor to be fired. Say what you will.........eliminating the source of irritation(whatever) will....in the long run....provide a smoother and more profitable career.
I do think theres a fine line between putting yourself in the hands of a panel and sticking up for yourself.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This is delicious.....

You sound like a female.

What sort of male feeder driver, would use that sort of terminology ?

Remember Doorbell boy......? You admitted "nobody's going to represent him...."(paraphrasing).

You mean the the racist rant.... from the the pkg guy caught on camera ?

Now, tell me you don't "trade" careers one for another.....cut deals...."negotiate"...

No need too.

Let the Panel make the decision.

I didn't tell the member to do what they did.

Why is it that one guy gets his job back and the other doesn't.....for virtually the same thing....?

Every case is based on its own merits.

No 2 cases are the same.

What do you have in the bank ?

:biggrin:

Peculiar way?

giphy (26).gif