What do you eat for lunch

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Fasting is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You know what happens when you fast? Your body goes into survival mode, and starts eating muscle while retaining fat.

And the whole, "well, everyone is different" BS is just that. BS. With random exceptions, we are all genetically the same. The diet that keeps me shrink wrapped, will do the same for you. Unless you're a chick, because they utilize carbs differently.

Did any of you in this thread even pay attention in 8th grade biology?

The Agricultural revolution was hands down the worst thing to ever happen to us as a species.

If you are basing your understanding of human biology on 8th grade science classes, I have to assume your teacher was an old wife, telling tales. I agree that low carb is a powerful fat burning method, and that agriculture has been a double-edged sword, but everything else you said is just plain wrong. The science on fasting has been established for 100 years. The food industry and modern marketing techniques have had a worse impact on the species than the advent of agriculture.

ColdHarvest

If you are basing your understanding of human biology on 8th grade science classes, I have to assume your teacher was an old wife, telling tales. I agree that low carb is a powerful fat burning method, and that agriculture has been a double-edged sword, but everything else you said is just plain wrong. The science on fasting has been established for 100 years. The food industry and modern marketing techniques have had a worse impact on the species than the advent of agriculture.

You're right. Those Ethiopian kids back in the 80s were straight yoked.

My bad. You win.

El Correcto

god is dead
My 9th grade biology teacher taught us about pissing on our feet in the shower has anti-bacterial effects and prevents athletes foot.

Your tax dollars at work...

ColdHarvest

My 9th grade biology teacher taught us about pissing on our feet in the shower has anti-bacterial effects and prevents athletes foot.

Your tax dollars at work...

I didn't attend school in the US. So , I understand your limitations when it comes to education.

El Correcto

god is dead
Ok...sure.
CFF10FE5-F44B-4784-9E6D-A7D245150539.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's cool. I understand you're a product of the US "education" system.

Are you trying to suggest that your education is somehow better than mine? If that were the case you ought to know the difference between fasting and malnutrition. Heck, you don't even need formal education for that, a quick google search or watching some youtube videos can teach you the difference. So what's your excuse for not knowing?

ColdHarvest

Are you trying to suggest that your education is somehow better than mine? If that were the case you ought to know the difference between fasting and malnutrition. Heck, you don't even need formal education for that, a quick google search or watching some youtube videos can teach you the difference. So what's your excuse for not knowing?

You use Google...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You use Google...

Is that your answer? Use duckduckgo if you want. If that's too mainstream, you can walk to your local library, that building with lots of books in it. Their information is a little laggy since books take a while to write, publish and distribute, but I'm sure you can find some relevant books about fasting. Best of luck to you.