What do you eat for lunch

oldngray

nowhere special
z-funny-254.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
salt, added sugar, and oil is the cheap crap corporations add to food so ppl will buy them more.

cereals, processed foods are all prime examples.

my dad eats way too much off all that stuff and hes got heart problems. ditto for my friends dad.

It's not as much what you eat as much as how often. We live in a time of abundance compared to much of human history. We are only now starting to understand the negative effects of eating every few hours, every day, year in, year out. Most of us aren't adapted to being in constant feast mode.

MC0493

I make a mild attempt to eat semi healthy. Often i'll go to a deli and get a sandwich and chips or a place that you can get stuff made to order (quickchek if anyone knows it, like Sheetz but not as good). From time to time i'll stop for pizza or just plain old fast food if i'm in the mood. All depends where I'm working. Least healthy part is probably washing it all down with a good ol 32oz mountain dew:rolleyes:

barnyard

KTM rider
I make homemade ciabatta buns and have sandwiches during the week. I bring coffee in the morning and switch to water when my coffee is done. I generally drink 1-2 quarts in the winter and 3-4 in the summer.

rickyb

It's not as much what you eat as much as how often. We live in a time of abundance compared to much of human history. We are only now starting to understand the negative effects of eating every few hours, every day, year in, year out. Most of us aren't adapted to being in constant feast mode.
eating every few hours is good for you, just dont eat too much.

humans evolved eating like primates which is mostly fruits and veggies and nuts. 2 of those are low calorie density.

breads and meats, cereals are moderate to high calorie density. same goes for alot of spreads, probably drinks too.

rickyb

I make a mild attempt to eat semi healthy. Often i'll go to a deli and get a sandwich and chips or a place that you can get stuff made to order (quickchek if anyone knows it, like Sheetz but not as good). From time to time i'll stop for pizza or just plain old fast food if i'm in the mood. All depends where I'm working. Least healthy part is probably washing it all down with a good ol 32oz mountain dew:rolleyes:
i drank coke for the first time in a long time and i only had half the can it was bad.

rickyb

apparently my fasha farted for 15 seconds at the breakfast table and mom didnt finish her food.

i probably wouldnt have ate the food either, but if you dont get more food after thats your problem LOL

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

humans evolved eating like primates which is mostly fruits and veggies and nuts. 2 of those are low calorie density.

breads and meats, cereals are moderate to high calorie density. same goes for alot of spreads, probably drinks too.
Our ancestors also fasted for long periods of time out of necessity. More research is starting to show that more meals is not necessarily better.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Constant insulin production is bad for you, which is what happens when you eat every few hours, every single day, unless you are eating low/no carb. Periods of time when food was unavailable were far more frequent up until the last couple hundred years. That feast and famine cycle is what we are more adapted to.