What do you eat for lunch

El Correcto

god is dead
eating every few hours is good for you, just dont eat too much.

humans evolved eating like primates which is mostly fruits and veggies and nuts. 2 of those are low calorie density.

breads and meats, cereals are moderate to high calorie density. same goes for alot of spreads, probably drinks too.
My ancestors lived off xtreme sour patch kids and big gulps.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
not what i heard. im not saying dont eat salt but i think the number is 1200 to 1500 mg a day.

The current recommendation is under 2300 mg. But there is virtually no evidence that going over that amount daily has any lasting negative effects. It will raise blood pressure short term due to osmosis. If you already have blood pressure issues, that can be problematic, but if you are healthy two or three times the recommended daily allowance won't hurt you.
How the recommended low levels of salt in your diet might actually be dangerous

ColdHarvest

7 meals a day. Around 3-4000 calories of fat, protein and barely any carbs.

Carbs = death. Grains and breads are horrible for you.

Proof? Well, biology. That and still rocking washboard abs at 42 years old.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
7 meals a day. Around 3-4000 calories of fat, protein and barely any carbs.

Carbs = death. Grains and breads are horrible for you.

Proof? Well, biology. That and still rocking washboard abs at 42 years old.

Low carb diets work pretty well for me too. They mimic fasting because in both you are burning ketones for fuel. Fasting also enables autophagy, but I don't know if low carb diets do. But you can also fast while doing any kind of eating plan.

Some people are better adapted to higher carb diets than others.

Indecisi0n

The most frustrating aspect of a diet is that it is going to be specific to each and every person. What works for one person will not work for another.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
How's that working for you? I try to do one day a week, then intermittent fasting throughout the week. I did a four day fast last year, hard to do when delivering packages.
Would be impossible to do while working.
It has dramatically improved my health.
I take zero medications and all my bloodwork is perfectly normal.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The most frustrating aspect of a diet is that it is going to be specific to each and every person. What works for one person will not work for another.
Yes and no. There are general dietary principles that will pretty much work for anyone, like calories in/ calories out.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Moderation of everything and no concentrating just on one kind of food. Like keto....maybe it works, but there's something wrong with a bowl of just bacon!!

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
but there's something wrong with a bowl of just bacon!!
CF71C8D8-0221-466A-A0E8-E701EA778F8D.gif

ColdHarvest

Fasting is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You know what happens when you fast? Your body goes into survival mode, and starts eating muscle while retaining fat.

And the whole, "well, everyone is different" BS is just that. BS. With random exceptions, we are all genetically the same. The diet that keeps me shrink wrapped, will do the same for you. Unless you're a chick, because they utilize carbs differently.

Did any of you in this thread even pay attention in 8th grade biology?

The Agricultural revolution was hands down the worst thing to ever happen to us as a species.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Fasting is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You know what happens when you fast? Your body goes into survival mode, and starts eating muscle while retaining fat.

And the whole, "well, everyone is different" BS is just that. BS. With random exceptions, we are all genetically the same. The diet that keeps me shrink wrapped, will do the same for you. Unless you're a chick, because they utilize carbs differently.

Did any of you in this thread even pay attention in 8th grade biology?

The Agricultural revolution was hands down the worst thing to ever happen to us as a species.
Literally everything you said is wrong.

The most ridiculous thing you said is we are all genetically the same.
If that was the case we would all look identical and be the same sex.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
English comprehension must not be your forte.

And it is literally scientific fact that your body retains fat and eats muscle under starvation.
There is nothing random about our genes.
So your statement is false.

If you are in Keto your body burns fat not muscle. So your statement is false.

Issuing blanket statements as fact is intellectually lazy.