What do you think about drivers who sort their truck off the clock?

Overpaid Union Thug

Until the person you involved in your grievance is terminated for stealing time
9E02B260-0283-45A9-B451-E0AE5DC4EEC3.png

MrBates

If you sort off the clock you might as well just walk into the managers office and ask for 30 extra stops. The most I ever do before start time is slide the 4000's over so I could fit my cooler in there.

ManInBrown

When you are trying to qualify, sorting the truck on route during un-paid break time, is a personal decision.

For some people, it's just an organizational process to familiarize themselves with the job.

How many rookies, could learn how to run a route.... when it looks like this ?

View attachment 334281

It takes a person with some vísceras.... to stop.... after you qualify.
Exactly. I should have said this as well. When you are PT and you are trying to qualify to become a package car driver, you do what you have to do. I did not look down on those drivers. You do what you gotta do to get your 30 in and qualify. Then once you’re in, you do the job the way it’s supposed to be done.

I arrive at start time or late. No point in sorting in the morning, get some sleep or go to the gym or something. It's easier to sort on the road anyways when the shelves start to empty. Most of my center comes in at least 1 hour early, some dudes come in 2 even 3 hours early. Funny thing is I finish before them.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
When you are trying to qualify, sorting the truck on route during un-paid break time, is a personal decision.

For some people, it's just an organizational process to familiarize themselves with the job.

View attachment 334281

Big oof. Sht box on its side. Hope it didn’t leak

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Zz
I have complained about this for years. Go to steward. He tells manager. He gets drivers out of their cars for about a day. Cycle starts all over again. BA doesn't want me to file: "You won't get any money from this grievance." I have given up which us exactly what everyone was hoping would happe
He’s wrong about not getting paid only had to grieve it once got paid for 1 1/2 hours
center manager put a stop to it said anybody in truck before start time would be disciplined

Pissed the runner gunners off
Oh Well

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I did it when I was qualifying. I continued to do it for a couple months afterwards until I was shown the way by a couple shop stewards, and by shown the way, I mean they took me out back and put their diads in their socks and beat me.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
In our building, working off the clock is such a big deal that it does not make much sense even when qualifying. It's damned if you don't damned if you do. You might find out over time that if management can't find enough suckers to work off they clock... they will revert to punishing the ones that do.
I did it when I was qualifying. I continued to do it for a couple months afterwards until I was shown the way by a couple shop stewards, and by shown the way, I mean they took me out back and put their diads in their socks and beat me.
No snitching, this is the way it is meant to be done.

quad decade guy

View attachment 334281

Gosh......first you admit to not representing certain individuals....just because you don't like them....

Then you encourage working off the clock.....generally for your weaknesses at representation...

Then we have others that encourage "snitching" on fellow workers. Of which you are silent. Even going as far as them being fired....

H Y P O C R I T E(S)....

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
They tell me it makes their day easier but I personally can't see myself doing that. The managers have gotten on to them before for doing that but they didn't listen so they just gave up. The earliest I've seen is some of them coming in at 8:00 a.m. and their start time is 9 a.m.
Chumps
Giving away money daily
Bad loads = Mo Money

Hot Carl

Only time I do it is if I walk into an absolute catastrophe that will destroy my day if I don't move a couple things, which is seldom the case. I don't fret much if my load is a little sloppy.

Probably could have phrased that last sentence a little better.

Now while I was qualifying, I would punch for lunch 10-15 minutes at a time and sort out the next chunk of the route. Now? I only organize on the clock.

Last edited:

Whither

Scofflaw
Only time I do it is if I walk into an absolute catastrophe that will destroy my day if I don't fix it, which is seldom the case.
On days like this a friend of mine used to deliver his air then -- and probably because his route was close to the building -- get permission from mgmt to return to the building and unload everything on the belt, then proceed loading it properly.

In any case it's the company's mistake (consented to long ago by the International) to have turned into a throwaway PT job. There's no reason for us to fix it on our own time. Let your day be destroyed, I say.