What does ORION look like?

jaker

trolling
Will I guess I will be the first to say , I love Orion

I don't know my next 5 stops or even care to know , I follow it as close to 100 as I can and turn my brain off and enjoy the ride

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Will I guess I will be the first to say , I love Orion

I don't know my next 5 stops or even care to know , I follow it as close to 100 as I can and turn my brain off and enjoy the ride
I am beginning to enjoy being dumbed down. I wave at people as I drive past then around the block and come back two hours later with their packages. The pay is actually better to work dumber.

clean hairy

My center has yet to adopt ORION and curiosity has gotten the best of me as to what exactly it looks like as far as the DIAD goes. Regardless of all the ORION threads I've read on here and management people I've asked, I still cannot visualize it.

As far as I can understand, is it essentially just an EDD that constantly updates the order of the stops? Are there additional interfaces it adds in the DIAD? Does it map your route like a GPS and tell you exactly where to turn for a stop? Anything you can tell me would be great.
Question is what does Orion look like?
It looks a complete failure but Managment cannot comprehend this fact!

rubiks-cube-logo.jpg

UPSGUY72

Orion is a cluster. Had a guy in are center run the route his and was over 30 miles under. The they had him follow orion and he was 30 miles over. The only thing orion is doing is putting more money in my pocket and doing less stops.

Are District manager today asked us when was the last time someone said something about being over allowed and he right its been over 4 monthsm

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They do put up computer screens and you can pull up your Orion route on a map.
Only about 3 guys from the whole center looks at it, No One Else Cares

And why the heck are they studying it so much? You've been on the route years now, give it up.

Returntosender

Someone in mangement mentioned that UPS's Orion is a copy of Fed EX COMOS system?

Person also mentioned UPS typically follows FED EX technological inovations.

ryansox

I'd just work as instructed. Hit the idiotic 85%, 90%, or whatever it is in your area. You'll end up over hours, over miles, and do a lot of backing. But hey, you hit the trace goal.

neiko

U can do a road in any order it doesnt break trace . But as soon as u go to another rd it would break the trace. Our center is all over us about being at 85% . Flavor of the week. To me edd was best thing they did . But orion is perfect if u have 100 stops all letters were u can walk thru truck .if ugot bulk forget it .

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
U can do a road in any order it doesnt break trace . But as soon as u go to another rd it would break the trace. Our center is all over us about being at 85% . Flavor of the week. To me edd was best thing they did . But orion is perfect if u have 100 stops all letters were u can walk thru truck .if ugot bulk forget it .
Man, I'm not usually like this but for God's sake, use spell check or something close to it.

livin the dream

a lot of guys in my center check the Orion computers because we usually don't get our edd until right at or after our pcm. it's nice to at least see a ball park version of your day