What is the biggest and best lie Management has told you?

satellitedriver

Hired in 1986 and my Center Manager pulled me aside and said I should join the union.
His exact words were;
"You won't survive without their protection"
He was gone two days after.
12 center manager's later, I am still here and I do not pay "protection" money to have a job/career.
A lie only has worth if you chose to believe it.

yeldarb

Hired in 1986 and my Center Manager pulled me aside and said I should join the union.
His exact words were;
12 center manager's later, I am still here and I do not pay "protection" money to have a job/career.

you get the pay and benefits that keep you willing to work at UPS because of the union along with your pension. If all were like you, we would have nothing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
His exact words were;
you get the pay and benefits that keep you willing to work at UPS because of the union along with your pension. If all were like you, we would have nothing.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

jalnar

You are The dispatch however wont be worth crap. Your dispatch will be 20 stops heavier but worth only 8.5 Go figure . Is it not great for I,E.

U

uber

When I was in the military I was told that if Uncle Sam wanted you to have a family he would have issued you one.

There are many similarities between the military and UPS.

There shouldn't be. Delivering packages to houses and businesses is similar to being employed by the military? Mmmmmkay. Only in your world.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There shouldn't be. Delivering packages to houses and businesses is similar to being employed by the military? Mmmmmkay. Only in your world.

First of all, you are not "employed" by the military. You enlist or are commissioned.

There are many, many similiarities between the military and UPS.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The only people at UPS who I've heard compare it to the military are managers who were were never in the military. Aside from the very superficial fact that both have uniforms, they are not the same at all.

Packmule

Years ago I had an LP guy trying to railroad me into paying for a so called, misdelivery. When I pointed out that the ID number didn't match the package he was looking for, my center manager admitted to me that he knew the guy was trying to snow me so he could make his numbers.
I've also had 2 center managers put on suspension for sneaking in the building at night, doctoring numbers on the computer to rob people of their overtime.