What is the hardest part of the job? (Driver)

Softconcrete

Hopefully soon I will be out driving. I hear it's very stressful and seen threads on here saying the younger drivers aren't as tough as the older ones. What's the hardest part? The actual work or the stress? I hear once you learn your regular route and get it down and really not a bad gig. As for management I heard harassment is on another level than in the hub. Do you just grow used to it?

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
A lot of these guys here have been driving a long time so you might be asking the wrong place. I feel that whatever someone does for a decade or longer they will start to dislike or hate. All the "younger" drivers I talk to or load for seem to like it but the older ones do nothing but complain when I see them, mostly about how much the hate the company.

km3

A lot of these guys here have been driving a long time so you might be asking the wrong place. I feel that whatever someone does for a decade or longer they will start to dislike or hate. All the "younger" drivers I talk to or load for seem to like it but the older ones do nothing but complain when I see them, mostly about how much the hate the company.

Funny thing is, it's the exact opposite here. All of the younger/newer drivers hate it but the older guys still love it.

Notcool

It's a hard job to get. At least in my area. You have to work a decade as part time and hope you make your thirty days. I'm in school for the second time. Apparently my peak school stint didn't count. No one seems to make their 30 days here lol they give you a two weeks of your not scratch they find a reason

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It takes 3-5 years to figure out what this place is all about and with the they are loading up routes now more like 2-4 years for most.