What is the hardest part of the job? (Driver)

Poop Head

Judge me.
Thought of one.. when you're down a long driveway after dark and you hear the guy psychoticaly, beating the living :censored2: out of his wife inside the house. You wanna do something, you're in the boonies, have met the homeowner before, and he gave you a super creepy Criminal Minds vibe. Also, 100% chance he's got lots of guns, all you have is a pocket knife..

Could be kinky sex, or he's torturing another victim..

over9five

Staff member
Thought of one.. when you're down a long driveway after dark and you hear the guy psychoticaly, beating the living :censored2: out of his wife inside the house. You wanna do something, you're in the boonies, have met the homeowner before, and he gave you a super creepy Criminal Minds vibe. Also, 100% chance he's got lots of guns, all you have is a pocket knife..

Could be kinky sex, or he's torturing another victim..
Holy cr....

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

First 10 years u run, 2nd ten years you walk, 3rd ten years you crawl...assuming ur still there and didn't get fired for one of their thousands of rules. I hated the last ten years the most. Just did it for money and was too stupid to know I should have gone to college

Softconcrete

Seems like a pretty easy job haha. My uncle did 35 years and has always asked me why I'm not driving yet. I always thought it was something you had to be crazy to do... but my coworkers say it's easy as pie

MrFeeder

If the supervisors wore masks so I wouldn't have to see their fake smiles and handshakes in the morning the job wouldn't be so bad at all.

StoptheAct1212

Hardest part is.......... sacrifice of your family time. Your never going to be home at a normal time..... seeing people enjoying life while your out there delivering....

Softconcrete

Right now I am up at 5:30 am work 7-3:30 and then go to ups 6:20-10:30-11:00 so I'm hoping as a driver be home by 8 every night which would be a huge plus. No kids yet but hopefully I will have some seniority before I do haha. Unfortunately they are starting tues-sat driving here.... no happy :/

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Right now I am up at 5:30 am work 7-3:30 and then go to ups 6:20-10:30-11:00 so I'm hoping as a driver be home by 8 every night which would be a huge plus. No kids yet but hopefully I will have some seniority before I do haha. Unfortunately they are starting tues-sat driving here.... no happy :/
Great. Home by 8? With kids? No school events or family dinner for you. No school plays, soccer practice, softball or open house for ur children at school. Have fun

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Well when you say it that way it sounds depressing
It's the truth, if u help me outa my chair,(due to 3 repaired hernias,herniated disc, and a new shoulder this year all thanks to ups), I can tell you why you should go to college . Recent 30 year retiree here. Think hard about it