What is the hardest part of the job? (Driver)

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Management completely screwing you then acting like they could do it and be done by 5 is the only thing that used to make me mad...now when they do that I just go slower...I can't say I love it everyday but once you stop letting management mind screw you it gets a lot better

shalang

New guys have no work ethic. I see it in my hub. A lot of them think they're entitled (even those with just 3 years) yet they can't even deliver a full route.

New hires bringing the company down in my opinion.

Driving is not easy mentally nor physically. I drive Saturdays and follow three point contact and yet sometimes my knees hurt. That's a once a week 3 hour job. Imagine 10-12 hours 5 days a week.

Go to school.

Box Ox

1. Dealing with the heat in the back of the PC during the summer. Can't be in back for long.

2. Regularly cleaning up after botched dispatches. I'm not talking about a little off. I'm talking nonsensical delivery map diarrhea.

Mst3k

The hardest part is (after getting up an hour and a half early to get ready, working for 14 hours and commuting back home) still having to make love on the little lady every night.

MendozaJ

I've been conditioned to believe that getting home by 8PM is early. 7PM gives me a sense of euphoria. A lot of things have to go right for that to happen.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Hopefully soon I will be out driving. I hear it's very stressful and seen threads on here saying the younger drivers aren't as tough as the older ones. What's the hardest part? The actual work or the stress? I hear once you learn your regular route and get it down and really not a bad gig. As for management I heard harassment is on another level than in the hub. Do you just grow used to it?
The steps up and down the package car. Always use 3 points of contact and never jump..........man

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'd say dispatch is the worst part depending on the day. For example, today they cut a route last minute because of call ins and one route got 40 some stops and about 150 packages ALLLLLLL spa'd 1002. Every single package for 40 separate stops had the exact same spa label. I don't know how lazy the dispatcher was feeling but that was some BS. I felt bad for the driver.

Indecisi0n

Ups prodigy said:
Just now seen this because unlike you im not on here everyday like its facebook (not that im even on facebook everyday) its hard to believe you have a full time job im starting to doubt you even work at ups apparently you really want my attention.
The last guy that said those very same words to me ended up trying to date me for a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poop Head

Judge me.
Ups prodigy said:
Just now seen this because unlike you im not on here everyday like its facebook (not that im even on facebook everyday) its hard to believe you have a full time job im starting to doubt you even work at ups apparently you really want my attention.
I see you're finally un-grounded.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'd say dispatch is the worst part depending on the day. For example, today they cut a route last minute because of call ins and one route got 40 some stops and about 150 packages ALLLLLLL spa'd 1002. Every single package for 40 separate stops had the exact same spa label. I don't know how lazy the dispatcher was feeling but that was some BS. I felt bad for the driver.
When you cut something over in a situation like that you end up with that result. It's not done in DPS like the usual dispatch so it gets all screwed up. All the numbers would have to be manually entered.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Just now seen this because unlike you im not on here everyday like its facebook (not that im even on facebook everyday) its hard to believe you have a full time job im starting to doubt you even work at ups apparently you really want my attention ... deleted
Make sure you do it on UPS property so we can fire you before we waste any money on you