What to do when you have multiple bulk stops for one truck?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Old man gray was in the trenches for many years he's earned the right to post and piss here... If seasonal helpers can come on here to post I think retired folks can....

He can post all day long in Romper Room or the other non-operations threads but has been away from the game for too long to comment with any relevance in the operations threads.

Dr.Brownz

Hello everyone hope your Friday is going well. I just have a question about multiple bulk stops for one truck. What do I do with them? Where do I put them? I get these bulk stops everyday but todays one was particularly big, especially for this truck. I always get 3 bulks for the same places everyday. One is always 67xx, the other is either a 3xxx or 4xxx and then other is usually a 20xx. I try to put them in the back to make it easy for the driver but when I use RDR for the 22 peice 67xx bulk and RDL and RDC always has alot I run out of room. So i move the 67xx forward on the 6000 shelf and put the 33 pieces of 20xx in the the back of the 6000 shelf. Seriously how do I do this properly to make it easy for the driver? My trucks aren't the smallest but they aren't the biggest either. just looking for some advice, again.

90% of the time the back in the place for bulk. Only situation where it would't be in the back would be a stop where you pull up to on street parking and you don't want to have to stand behind the truck and unload. Remember that driver in NYC who lost his legs.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ffs. Then you find out which stops the driver goes to first. For example, you have two 50 piece bulk stops....one for Kmart and one for Target. Driver tells you that he goes to Target first everyday. So, it would make sense to load Kmart behind or underneath Target so he can reach those first. It's cardboard, not rocket science.
Every single driver I have, I've asked them and they want bulks in back. I'm asking about what to do when I have several larger bulks.

W

What The Hawk?

90% of the time the back in the place for bulk. Only situation where it would't be in the back would be a stop where you pull up to on street parking and you don't want to have to stand behind the truck and unload. Remember that driver in NYC who lost his legs.
Woah. I didn't hear about that driver losing his legs.

Dr.Brownz

Woah. I didn't hear about that driver losing his legs.

He was unloading out the back on the side of the road. Car hit him and if I remember correctly severed one leg and the other one was really messed up from being smashed between the car and the package car bumper. Unless I have absolutely no other choice, I avoid it. I've unloaded a handcart worth out over the driver seat to avoid it.

W

What The Hawk?

He was unloading out the back on the side of the road. Car hit him and if I remember correctly severed one leg and the other one was really messed up from being smashed between the car and the package car bumper. Unless I have absolutely no other choice, I avoid it. I've unloaded a handcart worth out over the driver seat to avoid it.
That's smart. I'll remember that. If i become a driver I will try to avoid that at all cost.