What's Behind the Maspeth 250 Videos?

anHOURover

Do you think Sylvester is qualified to be gp?
A simple yes or no to that question will be appreciated
I'll answer your ?.... Honestly at this time NO... But I also believe hoffa has no qualifications either!! He wasn't even a teamster!! He just was lucky to be the son of a strong leader!! JR still isn't qualified. He's a baby kissing politician!!

10 point

So you think what's going on in local 804 isn't drama?
Sylvester created a soap opera in that local.
I feel bad for the members there they deserve better than what they are receiving
I'm not disqualifying anything you're posting because I'm not there to see any of it.

I'm saying there's drama everywhere in this job.

And 804 isn't the only place that drama exists.
THAT ... I do know.

If you were at the top would you have imposed the contract on brothers and sisters?? Simple ?
In this almost right to work nation that George bush sent unions back to the 1800's with public sentiment against us. No, I wouldn't have went out on the street. The best you could have got was left everyone in limbo. Since this didn't happen I don't know what we could do about it after the fact.

I don't suggest you do this but start telling your customers about your compensation. See what they think.

Locals 89, 177, and Western Pa voted three times?
To be honest I don't remember. I know local 89 did. I think some of the Pennsylvania locals voted twice but all those local with the exception of one had political aspirations that I believe had them playing with their members livelihood.

anHOURover

In this almost right to work nation that George bush sent unions back to the 1800's with public sentiment against us. No, I wouldn't have went out on the street. The best you could have got was left everyone in limbo. Since this didn't happen I don't know what we could do about it after the fact.

I don't suggest you do this but start telling your customers about your compensation. See what they think.
When I tell other unions what the teamsters did to us their eyes open up and they look at me like I'm the one lying!! NO OTHER UNION has ever done that to their membership!! WE ARE AT A LOW POINT IN UNION HISTORY!!

Upstate we are all still waiting for our 3rd vote rookie!!
Do your homework before you speak... I post facts

10 point

To be honest I don't remember. I know local 89 did. I think some of the Pennsylvania locals voted twice but all those local with the exception of one had political aspirations that I believe had them playing with their members livelihood.
The only local (that I know of) accused of political issues was 89.

The CBA was contentious for many locals. Are we doing well (FT) ... yes.
Did the PT vote to support their issues (except for a few locals)...no.

Take them to water and they won't drink. Not our fault is it my friend?

There's political bull everywhere. I've seen it first hand.
But...
if the membership will not vote locally or in the IBT elections then the result of that omission is for them to bear. They have no right to gripe.
It's simple. Get informed and vote.
There is no excuse for apathy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I tell other unions what the teamsters did to us their eyes open up and they look at me like I'm the one lying!! NO OTHER UNION has ever done that to their membership!! WE ARE AT A LOW POINT IN UNION HISTORY!!

The IBT did what was right for the majority.

You need to move on.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I'm not disqualifying anything you're posting because I'm not there to see any of it.

I'm saying there's drama everywhere in this job.

And 804 isn't the only place that drama exists.
THAT ... I do know.
I'm not in local 804.....and yes they is local drama everywhere......I agree with you........but what is going on there is ridiculous and its national news............and I understand what your saying about imposing a contract........but Sylvester wanted the local to walk away from the members when they were in trouble after the walk out......what's Sylvester going to do to us when the going gets tough as gp

The only local (that I know of) accused of political issues was 89.

The CBA was contentious for many locals. Are we doing well (FT) ... yes.
Did the PT vote to support their issues (except for a few locals)...no.

Take them to water and they won't drink. Not our fault is it my friend?

There's political bull everywhere. I've seen it first hand.
But...
if the membership will not vote locally or in the IBT elections then the result of that omission is for them to bear. They have no right to gripe.
It's simple. Get informed and vote.
There is no excuse for apathy.
Local 30

I'm not talking about other unions. I'm talking about the general public. I interact with all kinds of union members. There's really only 10 to 12 percent of the population in a union. Go and tell the general public what your compensation is. Remember a lot has changed in this country since 1997.

anHOURover

I'm not talking about other unions. I'm talking about the general public. I interact with all kinds of union members. There's really only 10 to 12 percent of the population in a union. Go and tell the general public what your compensation is. Remember a lot has changed in this country since 1997.
You support concessions during record profits here!!
We are not talking about a company that is making pennies!! I hate to see what happens the year we don't make 5 billion!! I acknowledge its a different world for us but it's also a different world for brown! They have never made this much !!

10 point

I'm not in local 804.....and yes they is local drama everywhere......I agree with you........but what is going on there is ridiculous and its national news............and I understand what your saying about imposing a contract........but Sylvester wanted the local to walk away from the members when they were in trouble after the walk out......what's Sylvester going to do to us when the going gets tough as gp
Imposition wasn't my theme but OK...

TS walked away from the members? That's shortsighted.

I saw him with the city leadership and watched the top brass tell the company to get THEIR DRIVERS back to work or else the company would lose their shipping contract with NYC and the hundreds of thousands of $$$$ the city forgave in parking tickets would come back on UPS to pay.
That city was hacked off at the company and TS was right in the thick of it on TV.
Don't sucker punch the dude. Thats bs and we know it. Money talks and the company was about to bleed $$$ by screwing with L804 drivers.
Our customers love and trust their drivers. They didn't care what the walk out was about but they were sure THEIR DRIVERS, who they count as family by the way, walked out for just cause.

Slamming TS for that is lame. Don't waste our time. We saw it for ourselves. We also live it too.
I will not compare a steward, BA, or local president to the GP. They live in different worlds.
You can judge but walk in their shoes first.

10 point

It isn't 1997 but there are many battles to fight just the same.

Communication is key to members supporting changes in any CBA.
That was one of the biggest pitfalls of this last one imo and it left many wondering where we were going in future negotiations.

We need to be thankful for what we have, that it is better than most hourlies compensation is. True.

But we expect better than 4 yr progressions and diminished healthcare plans since the company is netting more than 5 times the profit they did in 1997.
It just doesn't make sense.

You support concessions during record profits here!!
We are not talking about a company that is making pennies!! I hate to see what happens the year we don't make 5 billion!! I acknowledge its a different world for us but it's also a different world for brown! They have never made this much !!
Would you rather work for a company that didn't make that kind of money? Me I got compensated with over 150k in 2014. Who in their right mind would me will feel sorry for me. Looking at part timers they don't vote. Local 89 had 30% of the members vote. If peoe can't be bothered to vote why would the rest be held up. I'm sorry you are upset but in the grand scheme of things I don't think you see both sides of the equation.

Hey on another note I'm going to probably be taking the rest of the week off again from this site do to not enough hours in the day. Maybe when I do this you can keep my name out your mouth if I can't post for a week.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So you think what's going on in local 804 isn't drama?
Sylvester created a soap opera in that local.
I feel bad for the members there they deserve better than what they are receiving
Correction, Liam created the soap opera.

Then Liam continued the soap opera by recording a union meeting and posting it online.

So you see, Liam is the one with drama issues.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Imposition wasn't my theme but OK...

TS walked away from the members? That's shortsighted.

I saw him with the city leadership and watched the top brass tell the company to get THEIR DRIVERS back to work or else the company would lose their shipping contract with NYC and the hundreds of thousands of $$$$ the city forgave in parking tickets would come back on UPS to pay.
That city was hacked off at the company and TS was right in the thick of it on TV.
Don't sucker punch the dude. Thats bs and we know it. Money talks and the company was about to bleed $$$ by screwing with L804 drivers.
Our customers love and trust their drivers. They didn't care what the walk out was about but they were sure THEIR DRIVERS, who they count as family by the way, walked out for just cause.

Slamming TS for that is lame. Don't waste our time. We saw it for ourselves. We also live it too.
I will not compare a steward, BA, or local president to the GP. They live in different worlds.
You can judge but walk in their shoes first.
That's what ts said in one of the videos he told Liam to get out of there the day of the walkout.......I'm sure lead belly has the video I thought you saw it

It isn't 1997 but there are many battles to fight just the same.

Communication is key to members supporting changes in any CBA.
That was one of the biggest pitfalls of this last one imo and it left many wondering where we were going in future negotiations.

We need to be thankful for what we have that it is better than most hourlies compensation is. True.

But we expect better than 4 yr progressions and diminished healthcare plans since the company is netting more than 5 times the profit they did in 1997.
It just doesn't make sense.
For as much money that's put out these profits aren't as huge as one would think. 98 billion gross revenue and 5 billy kinda not the best. Great but others are making more and with a non union workforce.