When are these people going to wake-up........

tieguy

Banned
diesel96;428505-It also doesn't reflect well when posters here in the past and present insinuating President elect Obama as a radical muslim said:
Obama has had it relatively easy. In political lives he is a relative unknown. Most people noticed him four years ago for the first time. There were questions asked about his associations. It is unusual to have someone running for president that actually lived overseas and actually attended a muslim school. There are still questions about his college years. It does appear that the Obama camp is not forthcoming on who he associated with during his college years. Why are they keeping that information secret? Is Obama a conman? Sure he is he lied his but off to get that job. Thats no secret either. His Selma speech alone is full of lies. Lucky for him the media loved him. If a republican had given that speech he would have been shot by the press. [/COLOR]

We are all aware from your past posting history, you've already passed judgement on Obama, even though he's 70 days away from birth into office. However, shouldn't we reframed from passing judgement until after baptizing and giving Obama a clean slate.

his election was not a baptism. Bush never had the luxery of a baptism as your side kept crying about Bush stealing the election. Boy did they cry too. Even after Bush won a resounding victory four years later we still heard the dems crying about florida.

For me its like going on a sleeper team with a guy who just got his CDL. Yea I know he has been certified but I'm not sure I'm ready to go crawl in that bunk and take a nap.

Your guy ran a great campaign. His supporters did a great job of getting out the vote. But don't fool yourself into believing his campaign skills translates into presidential skills. This guy will definitely be reading the owners manual as he goes.

paidslave

Really? Did you miss my thread about President Elect Obamas economic news conference? I made several "good" comments about him in that thread.
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/obamas-economic-news-conference.197864/

How 'bout my thread about the Obamas moving to DC? I complimented them in the first post.
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/the-obamas-move-to-dc.197794/

Try again.

Yes, we have one moderator that had 2 good comments over the last several months that made a nice comment! Hats off to over9

tieguy

Banned
But you said...

Who knows how many other good comments you've "overlooked".

I have made quite a few comments as to the fact that obama ran a great campaign.
I have also commented on the fact that he looks good and speaks well.
Two qualities that may not be enough when they hand him the remote control to the oval office.:happy-very:

paid slaves comment was meant to put us back on our heels. We politiced against Obama. Were we suddenly supposed to fall in love with the guy when he won?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would bet they are definately the majority! Run a poll if you dare to find out....:happy2:There is definately a problem with that because it is not fair and diverse enough for all, especially new posters!

peace..

I haven't heard one good comment for the new President elect and that is how I KNOW@! It isn't to hard to figure things out because the writing is all over the wall.
I got a good Idea. My Momma always told me when I came home crying, I needed to go find new friends. Lots of kids out there, and if those ones dont like you others will.
Always seemed the bullies ended up fighting a battle alone, and the people who just liked to have fun, went somewhere else to play.
Since it seems you feel you are being bullied, when actually several of you have been the bullies, there are other playgrounds.
And this is coming from my personal thoughts.
Not my mod thoughts.
And I can post both on this playground and not get run over because it belongs to everyone, not just you.
You have been told time and again, and have never, ever been edited. Dont spam, dont insult, and put your thoughts where they belong. And you can play too.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Always seemed the bullies ended up fighting a battle alone, and the people who just liked to have fun, went somewhere else to play.
Since it seems you feel you are being bullied, when actually several of you have been the bullies, there are other playgrounds.

I guess that's why they keep coming here...they get tired of playing with themselves. :funny:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
News Flash......McDonald's has told the organizers to stop with their planned meetings. The new meeting place will be in the public library, good luck to serving cake there.:happy-very:

wkmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrek
hey, TOONERTOO. How do I become a MODERATOR? Because I'd like to help you delete some more of these junk posts that BASH our new President-Elect Obama.

Seriously, Can you e-mail me an application?

I shall respect our new President-Elect Obama.

I hope the rest of you show respect to our new U.S. President.

The people (majority) have spoken. :happy-very:

OH! If you don't respect our new President, I shall DELITE your post.

I have a major problem with anyone that disrespects our moderators. If you have a problem with anything that happens on this site you need to blame me, not them.

The mods volunteer their time to keep this community going. I will not tolerate any of this crap flying their way...

I'd like to add to this as well.

Mikestrek,

I've been here a long time, there are some here who think too long. :happy-very: But in that time I've posted a lot of rather radical points of view. Even called the current adminstration Fascist and meant ever word of it. I've opposed the authorteriansim of our gov't as well as the despotic attitudes of those that opposed free thought and the expression of free ideas and that attitude also very much exists on the democrat side of the isle. You guys have your own fascism as well.

But in all my radical crazy posts, in all my own needling to get people to think from different angles, not one moderator has ever as much deleted a post, threatened too or even as much PM'd me about the need to tone it down. I'm sure they thought that but in the end they were principled enough folks to stay out of it. That said, I sure there are lots of areas that I and them would disagree, fact is I know there are but I'll defend them (the mods) to the hilt against your suggestion that they are out to get you because of what you believe or who you support.

When I look at the childishness we all create at times on this board, I'm even more impressed by them and their ability to maintain a neutral posture even though I know they believe otherwise. I believe in free thought and the free expression of ideas because I believe in the non agression axiom and it has been my experience here that this is openly allowed and even encouraged.

The other and IMO more important fact to remember is found at the bottom of this post in my signature line. Face the facts, if we were that great of thinkers or as smart as we think we are, WE WOULDN'T BE HERE WOULD WE!" This is the gutter baby. Bottom of the fish pond. If any of us ran for gutter sweeper we wouldn't get elected so why the need to really take yourself that serious to begin with. You expecting to change the thinking of this bunch and then launch some crusade to change the world? Hell, I wouldn't lead this bunch to the bathroom! :happy-very:

Even though I didn't support Obama (nor McCain for that matter) I welcome otherwise your comments and input. At the least, your foil to the opposing political POV (republican kool-aid drinkers if you will) does provide a bit of entertaining value from time to time. It's quite often I read the back and forth not for any informative value but rather just for it's comedic value. IMO humor and laughter is the immortality for the soul and as I'm advancing in years I need all of that I can get these days. :wink2:
Thank you very much!

"If you were" (I'm not familar with the actual events) posting the same video to multiple threads, that is overkill at the least and does fall under the acepted net practice of spamming and the mods were justified if they removed all but 1 video link. I stand with them in what they did and defend them.

Considering the BS they have to put up with and endure I think they are awesome and we do our best to make them more awesome every day!
As the saying goes, "I KNOW THAT"S RIGHT!"
:happy-very:

JMHO!

Channahon

I've often wondered why John friend Kennedy never received the honor of a national holiday. He was the first Catholic president and lost his life as the leader of this country in very turbulent times.

And Barack has been referred to a "Black Kennedy coming into office and Michele has been compared to Jackie O"
So far, the only similarity I know of comparing the Kennedy family to Obama, is they both have young children who will grow up in the White House.

Time will tell how well Obama will lead this country, once all the hoopla is over and the inaugaration takes place, then the party is over.

I was not an Obama fan, but he's the president elect, and as a citizen of this country, he will get my support.

diesel96

8,000 Beduins stake stake their claim as the lost tribe of O.
A sheikh in Galilee says he has evidence that he & his family are linked by blood....
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article5142206.ece

And is there any ending to all this nonsense ?

Yes, there is an end to this nonsense when you stop buying into these stories that consume your life. The election is over, stop trying to tear down your next president in public forums, accept it, respect it, and move on and worry about being a productive member of society in the successful direction we need to move forward.....:peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes, there is an end to this nonsense when you stop buying into these stories that consume your life. The election is over, stop trying to tear down your next president in public forums, accept it, respect it, and move on and worry about being a productive member of society in the successful direction we need to move forward.....:peaceful:

In other words, don't do what the Dems/Libs did towards George W. Bush.
That seems like a good idea...you're better than them. :wink2:

Channahon

I found the article rather interesting myself. It's kinda like when someone wins the lottery and didn't know they had relatives they had.

And Obama's aunt that he didn't know he had per the article was mentioned in his book. So I don't know why he was surprised and had no comment when adivsed that she is in the country illegally, donated to his campaingn, and noted that she worked for the Boston Public Housing.

Now did that impact his election, not at all, because the people of this country voted for who they thought would be the best man for the job.

I just hope he has some business sense behind him, and not just his law background. Cause to me that would be scary, to enact laws to somehow have more control of our lives by the government.

I for one am anxious to see how he lives up to his promises, and if he can make good on them, then this country will once again be respected by world leaders.

Red State

G.W. Bush had business experience, and he put the country in a hole so deep that only the Chinese can bail us out. He was not a lawyer, yet passed laws(by means of signing statements and executive orders) of dubious merit, eliminated habeas corpus, and exempted himself and his cronies from any repercussions.

In the meantime he's looted the treasury and his pals have gotten fabulously wealthy.

I don't think it can get much worse, unless martial law is declared.

tieguy

Banned
G.W. Bush had business experience, and he put the country in a hole so deep that only the Chinese can bail us out. He was not a lawyer, yet passed laws(by means of signing statements and executive orders) of dubious merit, eliminated habeas corpus, and exempted himself and his cronies from any repercussions.

you're arguing against seven years of terrorist free residency in this country.

In the meantime he's looted the treasury and his pals have gotten fabulously wealthy.

Are the democrats also wealthy. Many of them have also benifited from the big high spending war machine.

I don't think it can get much worse, unless martial law is declared.

Perhaps a world tour may change your perspective.