When did you leave the building?

Shiftless

Old guys?

When did you hit the streets in your pkg car in the mornings to start delivering?

Our start time was 7:30 after the PCM it was a pure get the friend out of the way!

I watch guys leaving a local center these days at 8:45 to 9 am or later?

Youngins???

Is it that laid back? Or that messed up?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Old guys?

When did you hit the streets in your pkg car in the mornings to start delivering?

Our start time was 7:30 after the PCM it was a pure get the friend out of the way!

I watch guys leaving a local center these days at 8:45 to 9 am or later?

Youngins???

Is it that laid back? Or that messed up?
Lol certainly not laid back.

Start time is 9. On a good day anymore air pulls in at 8:30 and wraps right at 9. Then we have days like yesterday. Where air got back at 11:30

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I delivered off paper so excuse my ignorance.

With all the early service commitments how does a driver do it?
Sheet the package. Me, too. '79 - '09

I lied a lot. The noon committ times... I would have 5 - 10 stops everyday that I scanned and stop completed between 1145 -1159.... usually drop the last one off at 2 or 230.
Mgt. was all in. Made em' look good.

BigMoney

When i started in 88 my start time was 815 and preload was always wrapped up.Fast forward to 2017 my start time was 845 and truck was never completely loaded.Never seemed to get out of building till after 9.Never understood why they would not start preload earlier so they could get wrapped up like when i first started at UPS.No worries now since i am now retired:rolleyes:.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sick of leaving the property after 9:40, loading my own :censored2: for the first 30 minutes of the stupid day!
One of the few times I raged at management was when they tried to send my preloader home with a pile behind my truck. I said if I can't go home before my day is done why can he? The loader finished.

BigMoney

They would save money starting preload earlier and have them finish by driver start time but typical UPS fashion is step over a dollar to pick up a dime.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Our guys leave around 9. I always see the caravan leaving when I’m headed back to the hub. We even have a cop that holds the green light every morning so our 300+ drivers don’t have to sit at the light.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sheet the package. Me, too. '79 - '09

I lied a lot. The noon committ times... I would have 5 - 10 stops everyday that I scanned and stop completed between 1145 -1159.... usually drop the last one off at 2 or 230.
Mgt. was all in. Made em' look good.
With paper , my center was the best for Sat Air commit times.
We dropped to last place with the first DIAD.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I remember the good days when we use to start around 8:30 to 8:45. Then I went to a satellite center and about the same time one of our small splits coming up from Shreveport went to crap. Continually late.

We have about 12 routes out of the satellite center. Load our own cars which is a perk. Hard to run a 10 hour day when you have 3 hours preload first. Most days drivers are lucky to get on the road by 10:30. Usually closer to 11 or later most of the time.