When to retire 30 years or 52 age ?

oldngray

nowhere special
I honestly hope I don't even live to see 85. I would be fine with 78-80. I have no interest in being a Burden on anyone, or living in a nursing home being cared for by people who don't even want to be there, making minimum wage cleaning up after me.

I have already outlived my Dad and am close to outliving my Mom. I don't see planning for a long retirement so will enjoy what time I have.

ManInBrown

I agree it's tough to watch. They aren't there yet but it's getting close
God Bless em. My fathers side of the family doesn't live into the 80s. Mothers side well into 90s. Anytime one of those videos pops up on the news with the elderly being abused in a nursing home I turn it off. It's disgusting. Life comes full circle. You need someone to care for you when you're a baby, and someone to care for you on your way out of the world. No thanks.

oldngray

nowhere special
God Bless em. My fathers side of the family doesn't live into the 80s. Mothers side well into 90s. Anytime one of those videos pops up on the news with the elderly being abused in a nursing home I turn it off. It's disgusting. Life comes full circle. You need someone to care for you when you're a baby, and someone to care for you on your way out of the world. No thanks.

Nursing homes are awful. I will kill myself before I go into one.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I got 30 years now at age 52, what's the difference if I retire now than at 55? Cuz all this you're fired stuff makes me nervous, don't do this don't do that, take lunch. Miss the old days!
I agree... In my area u have to be 55 to get insurance. That's when I left with 30

ups1990

I know 177 still has the 25 @ 55, 30 at any age for full pension.

Providing nothing changes and I dont miss any time I'll be eligible to get out at 51 yrs old w/ full pension.
Around here, there are many drivers who will hit peer 80 at a very young age of 50 to early fifties and be vested with full pension. How many will actually retire, who knows, but it'll be a nice feeling to know that one can retire if they choose. Personally, I vote for early retirement unless one has a nice easy combo job.