When Will Trump Resign?

El Correcto

god is dead
Other than the typical Trump run on sentences, his remarks seemed pretty straightforward.

“We interject ourselves into wars and we interject ourselves in to tribal wars and revolutions and all these things that are very — they’re not the kind of things that you settle the way that we’d like to see it settled. It just doesn’t work that way."

Hard to disagree with that....
Not really. Peace comes through war and the constant threat of war. Bitches get out of line if the pimp hand is weak.

El Correcto

god is dead
But it's not the job of the US to police all the conflicts around the world.
We should let those with a vested interest in that oil do the policing. Namely Europe.
Good argument to get our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan also. Way past the time to bring them all home.
It actually is in america’s best interest to not let rogue governments controlled by despots run rough shot across the globe empowering themselves. It’s okay though, war always comes anyways. By all means be non-interventionists.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It actually is in america’s best interest to not let rogue governments controlled by despots run rough shot across the globe empowering themselves. It’s okay though, war always comes anyways. By all means be non-interventionists.

The US has become a rogue government controlled by a despot, which you conveniently overlook.

That is how most of the world views us these days, yet you see nothing Sgt. Schultz.

Not surprised.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I'm not entirely non-interventionist, though I do lean that way. It's not as straightforward as a diametric labeling system. For me it is about the moral and psychological issues for the fighting forces. Killing people to protect yourself or the people you love from a clear existential threat is different than being used as a murder machine to further the political agendas of people who care only about themselves. I believe the latter is why there are 22 veteran suicides every day, and why so many suffer from ptsd.

So yeah, we should probably be a little more discerning when we decide which conflicts to involve ourselves in.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The US has become a rogue government controlled by a despot, which you conveniently overlook.

That is how most of the world views us these days, yet you see nothing Sgt. Schultz.

Not surprised.

You know how to tell that Trump isn't a despot? The media can still criticize him. Heck, they even get away with making things up to criticize him about. And all you lefties just lap it up in your little orgies of confirmation bias.

How can you even say that Trump controls the government with a straight face? Or are you conveniently overlooking the non-stop onslaught against Trump by other government representatives? Aided and abetted by none other than the media. Yep, he's a real despotic dictator, in utter control of all aspects of the government. I would ask if you ever actually think about what you write before you post it, but I know the answer is no.

vantexan

Shod, not shot. We've put troops in Poland to check Putin. That's in our interest. We can project power quickly to any corner of the globe. Being in endless wars is nothing more than enriching the military-industrial complex and all the swamp creatures who support it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Actually that was all over the liberal headlines, and that guy is going to jail.
Ain't Nothin' Goin' Happen! - Quincy

Aint nuttin gonna happen.PNG

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm not entirely non-interventionist, though I do lean that way. It's not as straightforward as a diametric labeling system. For me it is about the moral and psychological issues for the fighting forces. Killing people to protect yourself or the people you love from a clear existential threat is different than being used as a murder machine to further the political agendas of people who care only about themselves. I believe the latter is why there are 22 veteran suicides every day, and why so many suffer from ptsd.

So yeah, we should probably be a little more discerning when we decide which conflicts to involve ourselves in.
I’m not some guy who loves war or violence. But you got to recognize that being a pusillanimous will always attract bullies. This is 101 grade school humanity. You got to let people know that bs won’t be tolerated, you got to have a spine and not just say “I don’t want no problems man” when someone punches you in the mouth.

A president walking around announcing to our enemies he doesn’t want no problems is immoral.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I’m not some guy who loves war or violence. But you got to recognize that being a pusillanimous will always attract bullies. This is 101 grade school humanity. You got to let people know that bs won’t be tolerated, you got to have a spine and not just say “I don’t want no problems man” when someone punches you in the mouth.

A president walking around announcing to our enemies he doesn’t want no problems is immoral.

You don't become the bully to stop bullies. You have to maintain the moral highground, so the ones doing the killing for you have a justification for violating their own sense of morality. Yes, show the world we carry a big stick, no, don't go around bludgeoning everyone with it.

When you have the strongest military in the world, it doesn't take much for other nations to see you as a threat to their existence.

bacha29

As was the case with Watergate the outcome of the Trump impeachment inquiry will be decided by whoever gets caught in the biggest lie and doesn't have at his or her disposal another lie to cover the first one. In the Bill Clinton impeachment proceedings Ken Starr just happened to find himself going up against a Rhoades Scholar how proved himself to be Starr's intellectual equal .

Reports are saying that the only person Trump consulted with was Erdogan. Never talked to the Joint Chiefs, the NSC, the European heads of state....no one. If true that's something that will be thrown up to him if Northern Syria becomes the bloodbath many fear while ISIS celebrates it's grand reopening.

El Correcto

god is dead
You don't become the bully to stop bullies. You have to maintain the moral highground, so the ones doing the killing for you have a justification for violating their own sense of morality. Yes, show the world we carry a big stick, no, don't go around bludgeoning everyone with it.

When you have the strongest military in the world, it doesn't take much for other nations to see you as a threat to their existence.
Morals are a delusion, just rationalization away from being tossed out the window.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t take anything seriously when someone is preaching morals to me. I recognize what human beings are and don’t live in a fantasyland of god’s and higher ideals.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Morals are a delusion, just rationalization away from being tossed out the window.

Who do you think makes a better fighter? Someone who believes that what they are doing is necessary for the survival of their nation and loved ones? Or someone who feels that what they are being forced to do is wrong? Whatever you believe about morality, you cannot deny that most people have a certain set of rules they live by and believe in.

There is an effect on a person's psychological state when they are forced to violate those rules. Most can do it with minor damage if they believe a greater good is being served. Military discipline depends on this notion. The alternative is to only enlist psychopaths, and those are notoriously difficult to command, and make up a far too small of a segment of a population.