When will UPS say you make too much an hour and change the hourly rate format or rate?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A couple drivers and I were sitting in office tonight taking lunch, and we were talking about how much drivers will be making in the next contract after this one. Interesting discussion really. Are they really going to continue to let drivers keep making more and more money hourly after we start making like over 40 bux an hour?
Yes. Because when we make $40 an hour it will have the same purchasing power as $33 does now.

Did any of the 30+ year guys think they would end up at over 30? Likely no its hard to really envision what inflation does to wages.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and you don't take a lunch, they will take your lunch out automatically so you will only get paid for 8 hours. If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and take that lunch to 7, you get paid for 9 hours. You guys get the math now? Its different in certain parts of the country the lunch rules.
So take your lunch at noon like you're supposed to and get in at seven.

DorkHead

I understand the math. What I would like to know is what is the reason you and some other drivers are taking your lunch at the "office" at the end of the day?

Quigley

If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and you don't take a lunch, they will take your lunch out automatically so you will only get paid for 8 hours. If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and take that lunch to 7, you get paid for 9 hours. You guys get the math now? Its different in certain parts of the country the lunch rules.
Working 9 hours and getting paid for 8 is highly illegal. And why in the world anybody would allow that is beyond me. In my local if you work 9 you get paid for 9 regardless whether you take a lunch or not.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Who really cares when and where people take their lunch, like really dude, that's being such a bitch its funnier than hell. I could care less what people do, that's their choice and none of my business. What works for 1 person, may not work for the other person. Different strokes for different folks.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Working 9 hours and getting paid for 8 is highly illegal. And why in the world anybody would allow that is beyond me. In my local if you work 9 you get paid for 9 regardless whether you take a lunch or not.
Ditto dude, but that's the way its always been here. Im not saying your wrong but if somebody knows exactly what the federal law is on this subject, feel free to post it on here to make the information available to everyone.

DorkHead

Who really cares when and where people take their lunch, like really dude, that's being such a bitch its funnier than hell. I could care less what people do, that's their choice and none of my business. What works for 1 person, may not work for the other person. Different strokes for different folks.

Let me ask you this, is it because you feel that you can`t get all the work assigned to you completed by the end of the day with taking your lunch on area?

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Guys at our center liked to come in and load their trucks off the clock in the morning told me to mind my own business. It's a contract violation I grieved it they hate me but aren't allowed in their trucks before start time. Fact is it affects us all. If you take your lunch at the end of the day you're inadvertently affecting someone else because you are violating the contract.

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

Guys at our center liked to come in and load their trucks off the clock in the morning told me to mind my own business. It's a contract violation I grieved it they hate me but aren't allowed in their trucks before start time. Fact is it affects us all. If you take your lunch at the end of the day you're inadvertently affecting someone else because you are violating the contract.

snitch.Classic Snitchism at it's finest.

Quigley

Ditto dude, but that's the way its always been here. Im not saying your wrong but if somebody knows exactly what the federal law is on this subject, feel free to post it on here to make the information available to everyone.

Years ago there was a Class action lawsuit in the west regarding this very issue. UPS ended up paying back thousands of dollars in back pay. Cant tell you the year but I would think with some research one could find out the details. I would think a call to to a labor lawyer would answer some of the questions. I do know for a fact that in the west the only way a company can take money out ones paycheck is a volantary garnisment or a court order. Personally I dont care when someone wants to take their lunch, thats none of my business. I do think its wrong not to get paid for hours worked.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Let me ask you this, is it because you feel that you can`t get all the work assigned to you completed by the end of the day with taking your lunch on area?
I can get it all done no problem, I just snack during the day and when I get it all done I head in to take my lunch. Id rather get it all done and then take my lunch. I don't like to take an hour during the day and sit on my :censored2:, and then go back to working. Whats the big deal really. You take yours when you want and ill take mine when I want. You people are way too serious dude. Starts off as a different subject and then people get their panties up in a bunch like a bunch of little bitches. Unreal dude lol. I don't care what other people do really, im me and I do my thing the way I do my thing. If people want to take lunch during the day that's cool, and if people want to get get done their work first then take lunch that's cool. Didn't know this was the monkey see monkey doo childrens show.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Years ago there was a Class action lawsuit in the west regarding this very issue. UPS ended up paying back thousands of dollars in back pay. Cant tell you the year but I would think with some research one could find out the details. I would think a call to to a labor lawyer would answer some of the questions. I do know for a fact that in the west the only way a company can take money out ones paycheck is a volantary garnisment or a court order. Personally I dont care when someone wants to take their lunch, thats none of my business. I do think its wrong not to get paid for hours worked.
Agreed sir.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
I can get it all done no problem, I just snack during the day and when I get it all done I head in to take my lunch. Id rather get it all done and then take my lunch. I don't like to take an hour during the day and sit on my :censored2:, and then go back to working. Whats the big deal really. You take yours when you want and ill take mine when I want. You people are way too serious dude. Starts off as a different subject and then people get their panties up in a bunch like a bunch of little bitches. Unreal dude lol. I don't care what other people do really, im me and I do my thing the way I do my thing. If people want to take lunch during the day that's cool, and if people want to get get done their work first then take lunch that's cool. Didn't know this was the monkey see monkey doo childrens show.

Contract violation. It's not your right to take it when you please. Has to be during the times specified in the contract. Do what you want but don't ever complain about your supervisors violating the contract.