When will UPS say you make too much an hour and change the hourly rate format or rate?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You people are so funny, panties up in a bunch for when someone takes their lunch. You guys need to get a life instead of acting like a bunch of little girls. If your so worried about what other people do, I can suggest a site that might fit your girlyness, facebook or 4 squared might be a better fit for you guys, that's more you guys speed for the women in you.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
You people are so funny, panties up in a bunch for when someone takes their lunch. You guys need to get a life instead of acting like a bunch of little girls. If your so worried about what other people do, I can suggest a site that might fit your girlyness, facebook or 4 squared might be a better fit for you guys, that's more you guys speed for the women in you.

Cool your jets homie. Not really about you just the concept.

DorkHead

Alright so heres the deal for all of ya that are trippin nuttz on the whole lunch thing. I work in a center that's totally union weak. That's unfortunately the way it is and has always been. I totally get what you guys are saying and agree with the language. The way it is here for the most part is a pretty laid back atmosphere between management and drivers, most of the time anyways. If all the drivers followed the contract and language, then there would be a feeling of tension all the time between all the parties involved. That's why its like it is at our center. Most of the guys take lunch at the end of the day. Is it dumber than hell that the drivers are like that? Absolutely, I agree with you guys. Everybody here is unfortunately all for themselves and obviously scared to follow the contract. A lot of small centers unfortunately are union weak. 72 fulltime drivers we have. This is why we have the atmosphere across the board because of centers like ours. Is it a bunch of BS, of course it is. That's why anymore I just come in and do the job, take the lunch and go home. Ive seen the way it is here and unfortunately the culture here at our center is never going to change. Just thought id give the background on the culture of the center I work at. It sucks yeah, but what are ya supposed to do when everyone is for themselves and most of them don't have the back bone to unite and fight as 1.

Okay, I`ve read all your responses. If you, only you, not your fellow drivers that take lunch in the office followed the contract and language, then that feeling of "tension" would turn into a feeling of "respect". It sounds like that is what is truly lacking at your center. I hope that you try it. It will ruffle feathers at the start because it will force Management to make alternative plans but in the end respect will be achieved. Be sure to work safely and use the methods. Heck, your fellow drivers might just follow your lead.

JL 0513

We have a current lunch thread going yet we're talking about them here. Back to topic?

Lowering our pay isn't going to happen. Extreme cases have to take place when a company comes to that point. It's usually followed by employees being asked to take a cut or else have employees laid off. And it's only when a company is about to tank. UPS is a little ways from that.

The rate of pay increase could slow, but historically it keeps going up steadily as it should as inflation dictates. If anything, inflation in the coming future is likely to accelerate faster and our pay will hopefully keep up.

It's amazing that by the end of the next contract, we will likely see a $40+/hr rate. That just sounds cool.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Skip lunch until later so you can do more work. So stupid.

Want more money now? Here's an idea, take lunch at the right time. Work more OT instantly.

bumped

I don't do/have more work regardless of what time I take my lunch. I just don't have that much business I guess. I've taken lunch at 10:00am and at the end of the day also. If its raining hard in the morning, and the weather report says its going to clear up I'll take my lunch in the morning.

Now, I won't take my lunch in the building only because I will not let my pick up pieces come in earlier for their convenience.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Skip lunch until later so you can do more work. So stupid.

Want more money now? Here's an idea, take lunch at the right time. Work more OT instantly.
Going to get lots of overtime whether you take your lunch at 10am or 8pm. Doesn't matter, they got to much work on all these routes everyday regardless.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Okay, I`ve read all your responses. If you, only you, not your fellow drivers that take lunch in the office followed the contract and language, then that feeling of "tension" would turn into a feeling of "respect". It sounds like that is what is truly lacking at your center. I hope that you try it. It will ruffle feathers at the start because it will force Management to make alternative plans but in the end respect will be achieved. Be sure to work safely and use the methods. Heck, your fellow drivers might just follow your lead.
Aint going to happen in my weakazz center. Every center is different, we all know that. Some centers are union strong, and some are union weak. Just the way it is.

porkwagon

I like to take my hour lunch at 3pm. Is that OK with everyone? I usually have about 70 house stops and 10 pickups left at that time.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I like to take my hour lunch at 3pm. Is that OK with everyone? I usually have about 70 house stops and 10 pickups left at that time.
Who cares what time everybody takes it, just as long as people take it, that's all im saying. Didn't take much to get panties up in a bunch and people to put their lipstick and dresses on lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Going to get lots of overtime whether you take your lunch at 10am or 8pm. Doesn't matter, they got to much work on all these routes everyday regardless.

True JM, on the OT, but on my route, they took off a few pickups. Not enough time with me taking lunch at the right time.

If any driver can't stop and take lunch between 11 - 3, something is very wrong and must be fixed. Same goes for commit times. This fixing is not our problem, it falls on management. Maybe we start too late, have too many pickups, too many stops, etc. In any case, it's not our problem. It can be fixed if you want it to be.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You can rationalize it all you want but your lunch needs to be taken during the day, on road.

He's right. You can justify it twenty ways from Sunday, but if you work through your day and take a meal at the end of the day, you're essentially doing an extra hour of actual work.

UPS loves when you guys do this, because then they can put fewer drivers on the street. If you had a center that had 80 drivers, and all of these routes had businesses that closed at 5PM, and these drivers skip their meal during the day, that's 80 hours of work UPS gets as a bonus. Now, if those drivers took their midday meal, UPS would have to potentially add 10 routes to cover that work. They could trim resis off the routes to cuts hours, but really, how likely is that?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Your right, but like I said before, when you work in a center that is super union weak, it just aint going to happen unfortunately. All these guys in my center are all for themselves. The mentality here is if everybody stays off the radar there wont be any heat coming down for the most part. You don't think I wish they would all get together and put a stop to all the games and the nonsense, trust me I wish they would but everybody is all about themselves. Its a shame, you guys are right, but that's the culture here and its always been like that. That's the bad part about little centers a lot of the times, not enough drivers with kahunas to stand up and force a change.

Sméagol

Going to have to keep paying us more just to keep up with inflation! B4 to long we will be paying 4$ for a gallon of gas! Wait.... We are paying 4$ for a gallon of gas.

Sent using BrownCafe App