When work is available

Box Ox

Cheaper drivers are why saturdays were on hold. It was delayed 3 times here, it started 2 weeks ago.

Yeah. Union leadership probably signaled they'd gladly take the Company dick (maybe even surprised some in Corporate) and the two probably went from there. Starting with putting weekends on hold.

jaker

trolling
This was the same thing brought up at our local meeting about the contract. Either way, I believe the 22.4 language is not going anywhere. The line of "if work is available" has to be removed. 22.4 is guaranteed a 40 hour week but RPCD is not. Complete BS.
Where do you see that 22.4 are guarantee 40hrs a week

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Where do you see that 22.4 are guarantee 40hrs a week

Just posted this that's why I have it.
Screenshot_20180814-211718.png

Grey

Bro ... they hold trailers now ... smh ... they will be giving that work 2 Sat and Sunday drivers

My hub is in a top-5 populated city and we have football fields worth of volume they can push at any time. Literally football fields.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
And RPCD says the same thing except for the when work is available , I don't see 40hr guarantee for either RPCD or 22.4
I see it for the 22.4s. The trailers will be there for the end of their week. If they run Mondays trailers over the weekend, there will be no "work available" for lower seniority RPCDs. Thus the problem with this TA.

jaker

trolling
I see it for the 22.4s. The trailers will be there for the end of their week. If they run Mondays trailers over the weekend, there will be no "work available" for lower seniority RPCDs. Thus the problem with this TA.
Do you see a 40hr guarantee, because I still don't see that like you said above

If they run Monday trailers over the weekend, work was available, and was diverted. Easy pay.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Banking on higher seniority RPCD’s taking 3 day weekends?
Maybe they will, maybe not. But that puts a lower seniority RPCD at the mercy of both 22.4s doing their Monday work on Sat/Sun, or higher seniority guys taking Monday off. A RPCD shouldn't be in jeopardy of not working on a Monday because a lower seniority 22.4 is doing the work over the weekend...period.

jaker

trolling
There is no language for 22.4 being laid off , so ups can lay them off at anytime even when work is available but they can't lay off a RPCD when there is work

542thruNthru

Do you see a 40hr guarantee, because I still don't see that like you said above

Let me ask you a question just so we are on the same page. How do you see a 22.4 driver not getting 40 hours if he is guaranteed 8 hours a day and 5 consecutive working days (T-S)

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
There is no language for 22.4 being laid off , so ups can lay them off at anytime even when work is available but they can't lay off a RPCD when there is work
Are you saying that UPS won't manipulate the volume in such a way to exploit the lower wages of a 22.4? And exploit the language "when work is available." That would be incredibly optimistic!