Which BC Member Has Been Fired The Most?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I feel left out, kinda. Never been fired at UPS. I have got a few warning letters that my union got, I never saw. I was only fired once in my life. And I was not really fired.............they just never called me back.
I was talking just now about it to my husband, because I forgot it til now.
I was working at a truck stop, working 2 other jobs at the same time, wondering which 2 to keep. I was like 18. Some nerdy looking guy slapped me on the butt, said something about the freezer meats, and something I did wrong, and I was never even in the freezer. and I turned around and decked him. I don't know, he looked kinda puny laying on the floor, Oh well.
So I kept the other two.

BrownBrokeDown

Are you shocked that it is possible for an adult to go to work, punch in, do their jobs, keep their mouths shut, punch out and go home?

That isn't always the case at UPS. They tried to write me up for loading a HAZMAT without scanning it in as a HAZMAT. One problem with that. I was picking off that day, so one of the sups had to have logged someone in under my name.

U

uber

6 years in and I've been written up once and that was because I chewed out a PT supervisor that was condescending and pushing my buttons on purpose. I'm not a company kiss ass either, I just show up and do my thing and get out of there. No need to make friends or enemies. Its a job, not my life.

A

anonymous6

when I learned about 'firings' at UPS I laughed my head off. in the real world if you are fired , you are fired.

I worked for a logging company for awhile and a job supe threatened to fire me behind my back . ( learned from another driver ) Next time I saw him at a loading site in the woods, I dragged him out of his truck and threatened him with a life changing hospital visit.

never had any problems after that.

quamba 638

We had a guy last week (22.3 guy) come to my aisle to help out with the sort, we were short handed. He is currently an irreg driver with probably around 20 years under his belt, I know his face but not his name. Anyways, with in 5 minutes the "All Stop" button was hit. I turned around an it was him, he was backed up and swearing a lot. A few of my fellow sorters pointed out that we have a "stop button" for our sort, and he shouldn't hit the "All Stop" button unless there is an emergency. He replied "I don't care, I'll do it again!" We'll, he did, about 4 times within 10 minutes.

Management finally got up there and started yelling at our PT sup for it, because that's just how things go here. I heard him say "I'm not even supposed to be up here!" They moved him back.

The next day, we had two big shot looking dudes in suits and ties holding clip boards, questioning about 5 guys/gals that were near him the previous day. I guess they told him everything that went down.... So I wonder what will become of him now?

Warning letter?

rod

Retired 22 years
Once for real --but threatened many times. Half a dozen warning letters. If you count 3 days off for a backing accident then I was shown the door twice. We did have a steward who was fired 3 times that I know of. I can't think of one person at out center who hasn't been fired at least once----except maybe a couple of the brown nosers.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Once for real --but threatened many times. Half a dozen warning letters. If you count 3 days off for a backing accident then I was shown the door twice. We did have a steward who was fired 3 times that I know of. I can't think of one person at out center who hasn't been fired at least once----except maybe a couple of the brown nosers.

According to our BA the correct term is Favorite Sons.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Zero terminations. Zero suspension letters.

I have amassed a collection of warning letters over the years for broken mirrors, tree branches thru roofs, cracked windows, and the other minor and inevitable damage that occurs when a P-700 car is dispatched on a rural route that really needs a p-57 or smaller. In 29 years of having a drivers license I have never been involved in any sort of traffic accident, and the only moving violation I have ever gotten was 28 years ago, when I was 18 and stupid, for speeding in my '77 Plymouth Volare Roadrunner in order to show off to my girlfriend.

I did get a warning letter a couple of years ago for "failure to follow methods" when I brought 28 missed stops back to the building at 9:00 at night. I had told them repeatedly throughout the day that I had no chance of getting done; they did not send help; so the stops came back. When I got the warning letter, I asked them which specific methods I had failed to follow and they were unable to tell me. The bottom line was that my center manager got his ass chewed for those missed stops and so he had to generate a warning letter in order to meet is quota and create the illusion that he was actually "doing something" about the problem. The warning letter wasnt worth the paper it was written on; it dropped off automatically after 9 months anyway; and 3 months after that the manager who wrote it got fired for stealing Oxycontin from the NDA VA packages we deliver. Karma may be a bitch, but if you play your cards right and do the right thing she can be your bitch.

U

uber

Zero terminations. Zero suspension letters.

I have amassed a collection of warning letters over the years for broken mirrors, tree branches thru roofs, cracked windows, and the other minor and inevitable damage that occurs when a P-700 car is dispatched on a rural route that really needs a p-57 or smaller. In 29 years of having a drivers license I have never been involved in any sort of traffic accident, and the only moving violation I have ever gotten was 28 years ago, when I was 18 and stupid, for speeding in my '77 Plymouth Volare Roadrunner in order to show off to my girlfriend.

I did get a warning letter a couple of years ago for "failure to follow methods" when I brought 28 missed stops back to the building at 9:00 at night. I had told them repeatedly throughout the day that I had no chance of getting done; they did not send help; so the stops came back. When I got the warning letter, I asked them which specific methods I had failed to follow and they were unable to tell me. The bottom line was that my center manager got his ass chewed for those missed stops and so he had to generate a warning letter in order to meet is quota and create the illusion that he was actually "doing something" about the problem. The warning letter wasnt worth the paper it was written on; it dropped off automatically after 9 months anyway; and 3 months after that the manager who wrote it got fired for stealing Oxycontin from the NDA VA packages we deliver. Karma may be a bitch, but if you play your cards right and do the right thing she can be your bitch.

That would get you fired in my center.

balland chain

are we counting working termination? Because if only the ones where you sit at home and get paid count. I've gotten Zero. Now if were just talking termination letters and you work till your hearing and then you win the hearing. I think i'm up to 14 or 15. One time, I got 2 termination letters in the same day.

I know what your thinking, see the union protects a bad employee, but your wrong. UPS keep writing me up during my FMLA, and trying to stack terminations.

You can sue if they are trying to fire you for taking FMLA...I just wish they would try that one on me..But my time is coming soon.. Heading back to work after being out on comp for 8 months.. I will have a big X on my back...Oh joy !

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Can't count how many warning letters, notice off suspensions and notice of discharges. My center had a vindictive manager for four years. He was then busted down to a pt sup. I was also walked off twice. First, one day no pay. Second, two days no pay. Both where for tattoos.

Busted down to a pt sup...and he still stuck around...had to be the laughing stock of the building after that!

ogrelord

Ground Down
We had a guy last week (22.3 guy) come to my aisle to help out with the sort, we were short handed. He is currently an irreg driver with probably around 20 years under his belt, I know his face but not his name. Anyways, with in 5 minutes the "All Stop" button was hit. I turned around an it was him, he was backed up and swearing a lot. A few of my fellow sorters pointed out that we have a "stop button" for our sort, and he shouldn't hit the "All Stop" button unless there is an emergency. He replied "I don't care, I'll do it again!" We'll, he did, about 4 times within 10 minutes.

Management finally got up there and started yelling at our PT sup for it, because that's just how things go here. I heard him say "I'm not even supposed to be up here!" They moved him back.

The next day, we had two big shot looking dudes in suits and ties holding clip boards, questioning about 5 guys/gals that were near him the previous day. I guess they told him everything that went down.... So I wonder what will become of him now?

Warning letter?

You can sue if they are trying to fire you for taking FMLA...I just wish they would try that one on me..But my time is coming soon.. Heading back to work after being out on comp for 8 months.. I will have a big X on my back...Oh joy !

Truthfully I was happy to still have a job. kinda funny looking back at it. My BA told me he never dealt with FMLA and didn't know the rules, so I was pretty much on my own. lucky for me I was able to print out from my health insurance every time we saw the doctor or er visit. we went date by date and I had them all covered so nothing happened. Something was said when I left the room cause it's been down hill since, and that's been 4 years

U

uber

Sober has 25+ years in----you are a 30 day wonder----you do the math.

Are you his mouthpiece?

You must have a history with '30 day wonders'. Do they make you look bad?

Honestly, what would your center manager say to you if you brought back 30 pieces sheeted as missed? Honest response, please.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That would get you fired in my center.

On what grounds?

When the company intentionally sends you out on a hopeless abortion car whose only purpose is to get stops out of the building, there is only so much that is humanly possible.

If you have notified them repeatedly that you cannot get done and they make a business decsion to refuse to send help, then missed stops are the natural and unavoidable consequence of that decision. In this particular case, I had pickup volume that needed to be in by 9:00 so that it could be processed. Any action I took at that point was going to result in service failures; I had intentionally been set up to fail by an incompetent "management" team; so I made the decision that 28 missed delivery stops was preferable to 100+ pickup pieces not getting processed until the following day. Its called "triage" and sometimes as a driver you have no other choice but to utilise it.