who got murdered today? On Topic

snowcat66

Yes it was bad. We had numbers we usually don't see til last week of peak. No extra help and indy was late as usual. Seems like the flight weather standards have gotten stricter over last couple years. any little winter weather causes big delays. Got started after noon and clocked out 2045. already have a can on deck with 450 pieces just waiting to add to the pile tomm. Baby it's cold outside.

dezguy

Yesterday was ridiculous. My sta missed a whole bunch of outbound because of people getting back so late.

bacha29

The problem is that the economics of peak is all bonus driven . Account reps overselling the service. Managers under staffing the sort line help. Contractors stuffing bonus down their pockets not in peak season assets . All of which leaves one person to do the work of three. Then they wonder why their turnover is off the charts.

It's all about the bonus money.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What is an M-pad? sorry out on FMLA this week. :raspberry:
It’s a Samsung phone that some powerpad capabilities. I guess the wave of the future. It’s slow and mine keeps exiting the delivery app at bad times. Right now, we’re only using it for pickups and deliveries. No access to Dispatch and no timecard use. I DO like how small it is though.

Star B

White Lightening
We got something better, more peak like volume but......you guessed it we rolled Indy until tomorrow
You too? We did also. It brought me down to a manageable 130 stops on my rural 60 and ur swamped route.

So far, I think we’re managing ours. I don’t know about the other managers in my station but mine is on top of things. Best manager EVER! Lol.

Our sta got blindsided by this freight. We just don't have the resources to handle it. The uppers are idiots to keep amzn on during peak.

dezguy

Our sta got blindsided by this freight. We just don't have the resources to handle it. The uppers are idiots to keep amzn on during peak.
I have never seen so much amazon on my route. Went from a couple a day to almost 30 stops just Amazon.

Sales had better be charging them a whole lot more than what is rumoured. With them setting up their own system, it's beyond me why we're helping them out. As far as I would be concerned, they are a competitor now.

Smashmouth

The season has been a joke so far, doing less stops then normal, of course theyve been using the new tues-sat drivers on mondays...but I know its coming and they have no one who wants to jump, or do Pods, so when the :censored2: hits the fan its gonna be fun.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have never seen so much amazon on my route. Went from a couple a day to almost 30 stops just Amazon.

Sales had better be charging them a whole lot more than what is rumoured. With them setting up their own system, it's beyond me why we're helping them out. As far as I would be concerned, they are a competitor now.
Ups and fedex could have put amazon under years ago if they wanted.

It’s frustrating to continue to watch them get premium pricing while :censored2:ting all over ups usps and fedex

Bob11B

221 stops solo today...yesterday 150 stops with a helper for 5 hours....someone else had to do my pickups to ensure I would make 9.5, can't believe it is still being pushed

Latessss

I walked into 190 stops this past Monday with 130-160 the rest of this week so far. I average 90-100 stops a day, so that’s a pretty significant spike.

I’ve never seen anything like it this far out from “peak”. This is setting up to be one epic :censored2:show

Bob11B

Honestly, our center has been keeping up well....they sent tons of guys to school starting months ago and they have been driving ever day for the past week, lots of guys shuttling bulk stops, surepost, etc...and the driver helpers are already getting 5 hours. When I was a driver helper I was only getting 2-3 at this time of the year. i know ODO has been shutoff for many drivers and many pickups are being done by non full-time drivers. Things are certainly smoother than past years, we will see how long we can keep up

Star B

White Lightening
Oh, and hi. this is a FedEx Express thread for all you UPSers. We don't get the luxuries of "helpers" or "helper diads". Typically we don't touch anything over 100 stops. Heck, it's a timecard warning (just informational) when you do over 100 stops. Or 150 packages. Or, apparently when you roll over 38 stops.

With them setting up their own system, it's beyond me why we're helping them out. As far as I would be concerned, they are a competitor now.

I agree. They should be charged damn well near retail or maybe a little bit off it if THEY truck it to our hubs. I mean, all we're seeing is the crappy runner outskirt stops, not the good stops in town that create awesome density.