Who's honestly going to retire as soon as they reach their benefit age?

Shiftless

Since SS is only fully funded to 2033 or less I felt it was my duty to start drawing as soon as possible to help this process get noticed so that our politicians will take care of all of us.

W

What The Hawk?

I'm 26 and have 1 year in as a preloader. My plan is to retire with 30 years in as a driver however from what my father said is you don't get SS until 67 but with my plan I'd be retiring At the age of 56 or 57. SO I might have to work several years more. Maybe not as a driver since at that age it'd be pretty difficult.

Shiftless

I'm 26 and have 1 year in as a preloader. My plan is to retire with 30 years in as a driver however from what my father said is you don't get SS until 67 but with my plan I'd be retiring At the age of 56 or 57. SO I might have to work several years more. Maybe not as a driver since at that age it'd be pretty difficult.

Your Father is right. If your birth date year is 1960 and after you can't take full SS retirement till the age of 67.

At 26 if you pay attention to your end game goal and make it part of your life's mission to secure your future you will reap what you sew! Be a good farmer with your money, manage it, pay attention to it and you will do fine when it comes to harvest time! If you Don't look down the road? More than likely you may not end up where you need or want to be.

Last edited:
W

What The Hawk?

Your Father is right. 1960 and after you can't take full SS retirement till the age of 67.

At 26 if you pay attention to your end game goal and make it part of your life's mission to secure your future you will reap what you sew! Be a good farmer with your money, manage it, pay attention to it and you will do fine when it comes to harvest time! If you Don't look down the road? More than likely you may not end up where you need or want to be.
Is that if you're born after 1960 or retire after 1960?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm 56 and have no problem doing the job.