Why does UPS hate us so much????

bumped

I had a discussion with my boss, about my overallow. . I just said I have been off three weeks, if you really want to compare apples to apples, pull the records of the guy that ran my route, if he was that much better than me, YOU SHOULD DO YOUR JOB AND FIRE ME.

I never miss work, I have no injuries, accidents, complaints. Im just too frickin slow.
The guy that covered for me I talked to today after they pulled the records, talked to him, about me, and he ran .45 better than me in sporh. 5 stops per day.....better.

Yet that is worth throwing a good employee under the bus, threatening continual rides, and I asked for them to come show me, besides being a little slower, what is wrong. Hes 20 yrs younger. He told them instead of beating me every day, they should give me a medal. I appreciated him sticking up for me, but there is nothing better than sticking up for yourself.

Been complaining for years, I no longer care. I can survive on my pension til I find something else.
I think back to all the coulda woulda shoulda things, and I am just a better person, because of them. I never stood up to them, and in turn they cant stand up to their bosses, its better to just find a person who takes it , and beats them up, thump their chest, and feel good about it.

The moral of the story I guess is, UPS can be a hostile environment. If you are a wimp. I have been robbed, threatened, on route, and I got no protection. They want to complain about a little black of a t shirt showing through my uniform, "appearance", yet my truck is so dirty you cannot read the emblem. My windows so filthy, I cant see my mirrors. Image, Oh yes, thats what it is all about.

Im glad I am almost done, and if they find a reason to get rid of me they do me a favor. I dont have as much saved as I would like, but I will survive. If I survived 30 yrs of this I can do anything.

You deliver in a crappy area. I'm sure the guy that runs your route DR's more pkgs than you do. I can't take a vacation that when I come back that there isn't a DFU waiting for me from the cover driver.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Thank god for therapy sessions after a long day at work lol. Good way to keep your sanity and keep reminding yourself there is a light at the end of the tunnel with this job, just have to get to the finish line anyway we can boys lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
100_dollar_bill.jpg
This job sucks dude, BUT THEM FATT DUCKEES DONT lol

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I'm to the point now where I don't even look or speak to management. They can speak to me if they want but they won't get anything out of me. They better speak fast because I'm going to keep doing my job. I come to work and work, that's it. I go weeks sometimes without management even approaching me.

upschuck

I think they have it in their mind like, if we are going to pay you what we pay you, then your going to be our slaves. Were going to beat the hell out of you to cripple you, and make sure you cant do anything else during the week and hope we break up your family.
I had a sup tell me when I told them I needed time off for birth of a child that he wasn't working me hard enough.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What I don't get is why keep drivers over 50 years old when you can pay a younger guy with fresh legs and get a lot more work out of them. I get that people are living a lot longer now but just stupid to me to work an older guy whos going to work slower and not as hard rather than a younger guy. Age 55 for retirement, that's just idiotic. Especially since this job in the last 10 years is just ridiculous physically. Anybody starting to drive after like 1995 to 2000, will never see 30 years in package, maybe 20 outside shot at 25 maybe and that's really pushing it. And then theres talk of upping it to 57 to 62. I got one thing to say to those idiots who would even be stupid enough to think that idea, YOU ARE friend KIN STUPID AZ H LL:peaceful:
I will work until 58. I could do my cushy run until I'm 70. All depends on the area.

TheFigurehead

Wait until you get Orion. They don't hate just you they hate the customers too.

This is exactly it... and what will eventually kill UPS, unless attitudes change (and lets be honest... it's a publicly traded company now. There is no getting that cat back in the bag... so I don't expect any changes). They hate the workers, they hate lower management, they hate the customers, and they hate the packages... they hate everything that sucks money out of their gravy train. The world would be just perfect for them if they could do away with it all, somehow, and just reap the billions in profit without paying anyone, doing any actual work, or providing any services... as if UPS were just a infinite pool of profit with which to pad their bank accounts. They resent us because the very fact that we exist is a constant reminder that we're "taking money out of their pockets" because we demand to be paid for our labor.

BrownDooDoo

I had a discussion with my boss, about my overallow. . I just said I have been off three weeks, if you really want to compare apples to apples, pull the records of the guy that ran my route, if he was that much better than me, YOU SHOULD DO YOUR JOB AND FIRE ME.

I never miss work, I have no injuries, accidents, complaints. Im just too frickin slow.
The guy that covered for me I talked to today after they pulled the records, talked to him, about me, and he ran .45 better than me in sporh. 5 stops per day.....better.

Yet that is worth throwing a good employee under the bus, threatening continual rides, and I asked for them to come show me, besides being a little slower, what is wrong. Hes 20 yrs younger. He told them instead of beating me every day, they should give me a medal. I appreciated him sticking up for me, but there is nothing better than sticking up for yourself.

Been complaining for years, I no longer care. I can survive on my pension til I find something else.
I think back to all the coulda woulda shoulda things, and I am just a better person, because of them. I never stood up to them, and in turn they cant stand up to their bosses, its better to just find a person who takes it , and beats them up, thump their chest, and feel good about it.

The moral of the story I guess is, UPS can be a hostile environment. If you are a wimp. I have been robbed, threatened, on route, and I got no protection. They want to complain about a little black of a t shirt showing through my uniform, "appearance", yet my truck is so dirty you cannot read the emblem. My windows so filthy, I cant see my mirrors. Image, Oh yes, thats what it is all about.

Im glad I am almost done, and if they find a reason to get rid of me they do me a favor. I dont have as much saved as I would like, but I will survive. If I survived 30 yrs of this I can do anything.
Tears for humanity right here.

What is this world we live in?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

It's not all that different on preload when you're lacking a specific anatomical part between your legs...believe me. I fully expect to hear when I get back from vacation how 18 year old "Johnny" (who's half my age) who makes half of what I do an hour loaded my 6 trucks all week and got done 20 min earlier than I usually do. Yes, I can load faster....but I will not. I will go at my pace, and they can suck it. That is of course, until I see my drivers who will tell me that their loads looked like a piles of :censored2: amd Johnny had 18 misloads for the week. Blah, blah blah.....fire me...lol.

wayfair

swollen member
It's not all that different on preload when you're lacking a specific anatomical part between your legs...believe me. I fully expect to hear when I get back from vacation how 18 year old "Johnny" (who's half my age) who makes half of what I do an hour loaded my 6 trucks all week and got done 20 min earlier than I usually do. Yes, I can load faster....but I will not. I will go at my pace, and they can suck it. That is of course, until I see my drivers who will tell me that their loads looked like a piles of :censored2: amd Johnny had 18 misloads for the week. Blah, blah blah.....fire me...lol.

damned straight

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Before Orion, Before Telematics, Before GPS, and Before PAS/EDD, It was difficult for management to control a drivers's day. They were at the mercy that a preloader counted the correct stops for that route and a trained driver would run the route correctly and bring it back in a reasonable time.

During this period of time, UPS ties could not do anything about terrible drivers outside of purely observing them doing something wrong. They lost a lot of money on these unproductive souls and after the strike, have put in a foolproof plan to clean up that mess. Unfortunately, once you save some money and time, you want to save more, and more. That's why we are in the mess we are in.

This is not a blanket observation to all workers. I've witnessed some drivers back in the day who deserved to be fired. Purposely sandbagging all day knowing his 8000 section was gonna be grabbed by another driver. It still happens sometimes but there is too much transparency to get away with it anymore.