Why does UPS hate us so much????

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It's not all that different on preload when you're lacking a specific anatomical part between your legs...believe me. I fully expect to hear when I get back from vacation how 18 year old "Johnny" (who's half my age) who makes half of what I do an hour loaded my 6 trucks all week and got done 20 min earlier than I usually do. Yes, I can load faster....but I will not. I will go at my pace, and they can suck it. That is of course, until I see my drivers who will tell me that their loads looked like a piles of :censored2: amd Johnny had 18 misloads for the week. Blah, blah blah.....fire me...lol.

Don't be picking on me just because I have an extra appendage!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
they smell for blood, if they know you are weak, they will be all over you...

if you do your job the way they ask/want.... make some cash my friend

we had a new driver get a warning letter for idle time, 84 minutes... he was truly upset about it, this was last month when the temp was right about 10 degrees... I told him to file a protest letter, he then told me he wasn't a paying member of the union...

Scabs... Whatayagonnado?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1394251039.201714.jpg

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

quamba 638

they smell for blood, if they know you are weak, they will be all over you...

if you do your job the way they ask/want.... make some cash my friend

we had a new driver get a warning letter for idle time, 84 minutes... he was truly upset about it, this was last month when the temp was right about 10 degrees... I told him to file a protest letter, he then told me he wasn't a paying member of the union...
10 degrees sounds like shorts and t-shirt weather after this season. We have had 65+ days of temps below zero this year... Some towns have more than 70 days of below 0. Come on spring!!!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I remember hearing it suggested that most of the CEOs of very large corporations are psyco- or sociopaths; they lack the capability to empathize, and thus manipulate people to work favorable outcomes for themselves. If so, I think people are getting the feelings mixed up: it isn't "hatred", but the lack of feeling altogether. They do not feel sorry for you in the misery and torture we are put through. They can easily fire a center team and all their drivers - so long as profits aren't hurt - destroying all those families, but then go out to have tea and play golf.

I'm not saying the CEO does suffer from some type of pathy, just sayin, tho...

Island

I remember hearing it suggested that most of the CEOs of very large corporations are psyco- or sociopaths; they lack the capability to empathize, and thus manipulate people to work favorable outcomes for themselves. If so, I think people are getting the feelings mixed up: it isn't "hatred", but the lack of feeling altogether. They do not feel sorry for you in the misery and torture we are put through. They can easily fire a center team and all their drivers - so long as profits aren't hurt - destroying all those families, but then go out to have tea and play golf.

I'm not saying the CEO does suffer from some type of pathy, just sayin, tho...
If Scott Davis and I were alone in an alley... I'd give him something to be emotional about

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It's not all that different on preload when you're lacking a specific anatomical part between your legs...believe me. I fully expect to hear when I get back from vacation how 18 year old "Johnny" (who's half my age) who makes half of what I do an hour loaded my 6 trucks all week and got done 20 min earlier than I usually do. Yes, I can load faster....but I will not. I will go at my pace, and they can suck it. That is of course, until I see my drivers who will tell me that their loads looked like a piles of :censored2: amd Johnny had 18 misloads for the week. Blah, blah blah.....fire me...lol.

I know, I worked on the preload for 8 yrs. Everyone I worked with was great though.

Fighter

In need of brown uniform expertise.......what are the delivery instructions for you concerning sure post packages? My Postmaster says UPS has the option of delivering them themselves.
I suppose it works the same everywhere so this is how it works in our center. If a package is a sure post it is marked with a white spa label and placed in a bag to be delivered to the post office. If, however, there is a second, non-sure post package going to the same address the sure post package is marked with a shaded spa label and delivered by UPS to the actual address. Also if any packages are returned by the post office due to some sort of addressing error by the shipper they then are delivered by UPS if the address is corrected. This is not the way it was originally done but is a change to molify driver complaints.