Why is it always the part timers?

They are cutting hours at our center. And guess who suffers? The part timers that can least afford it. This is the second time in 6 weeks. Why not cut salaries of the over paid management that abuses the rank and file? Or better yet, get rid of a few. They also cut the customer center hours. Now that's true customer service. I see all this positive crap in the company propaganda that comes out, but it's never been that way, here. Talking with my coworkers, we all wonder if UPS will be around much longer.

Brownt10

They are cutting hours at our center. And guess who suffers? The part timers that can least afford it. This is the second time in 6 weeks. Why not cut salaries of the over paid management that abuses the rank and file? Or better yet, get rid of a few. They also cut the customer center hours. Now that's true customer service. I see all this positive crap in the company propaganda that comes out, but it's never been that way, here. Talking with my coworkers, we all wonder if UPS will be around much longer.
It’s insane, they can’t get young part timers to stay unless it’s to go full time. One building I worked in they had 5 part time supervisors that literally just walked around and talked to people they like and do nothing work related. The full time sup turns a blind eye and has no spine who runs pre load. His little part time sups all quit shortly and never work their last scheduled work day lol

allahuakbar

She/Her
It’s usually how a business works. You can’t just cut managements pay either. It’s not how it works.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Are you getting your 3.5 hours a day?

That’s all your guaranteed

PT Car Washer

Anytime PT gets a raise UPS cuts our hours for awhile. All you can do is to make sure sups are not performing bargaining unit work. There will be another round of hours cutting Aug 1st with our next raise.

BiggieBrown

UPS does not give a crap about part-timers, you are considered expendable and if they could replace you with automation tomorrow they would.
We've been working short-handed at my center for the past 8 months. We have 3 people on our shift, seriously. They just refuse to hire people and they don't care about the strain they are putting on you. Every night I have to handle huge over 70s by myself because there is simply no one else around to help me. No one cares. When you work at UPS the very first thing you need is an exit strategy. You need to ask yourself why you are here and what is the soonest possible timeframe you can get out, because they will absolutely ruin your body here without any reservation. Every night it's the same story I'm unloading trucks and struggling to lift some huge 120 lb box up onto the rollers and if there is anything more than a 2 inch gap in the flow on the belt I've got some :censored2: sup poking his head into the truck looking at me with this look of disgust and amazement like I just ran over his kitten or something. :censored2: UPS.

UPS does not give a crap about part-timers, you are considered expendable and if they could replace you with automation tomorrow they would.
We've been working short-handed at my center for the past 8 months. We have 3 people on our shift, seriously. They just refuse to hire people and they don't care about the strain they are putting on you. Every night I have to handle huge over 70s by myself because there is simply no one else around to help me. No one cares. When you work at UPS the very first thing you need is an exit strategy. You need to ask yourself why you are here and what is the soonest possible timeframe you can get out, because they will absolutely ruin your body here without any reservation. Every night it's the same story I'm unloading trucks and struggling to lift some huge 120 lb box up onto the rollers and if there is anything more than a 2 inch gap in the flow on the belt I've got some :censored2: sup poking his head into the truck looking at me with this look of disgust and amazement like I just ran over his kitten or something. :censored2: UPS.

My exit strategy was to retire in 5 years. Now I wonder if UPS will even be around. I've been trying to get out since I started there, but this area is economically depressed. With my age, it's hard to find a decent job.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I can tell we are in yet another production push because I am getting even more hours than normal putting out the fires and have intercepted 7 damaged packages this week, as opposed to 0/1.

542thruNthru

Nobody is guaranteed anything at UPS. His point is that he was probably working more and then got cut back while watching lazy pukes milk the system unchecked.

Looks like a guarantee to me.
Screenshot_20190515-170959_Adobe Acrobat.jpg