Why the 6 Hour Dispatches on Mondays?

browned out

Local 243's supplement/rider is one of the supplements that has not been ratified or issued for another vote.

UPS mgmt. has been under-dispatching drivers on Mondays. And not by 10 minutes or so...….Under-Dispatching by at least an hour.

So; what's the problem? inquiring minds want to know; while; the minds in the know... know.

It appears to be a another potential NLRB violation.

UPS and the union have repeatedly informed RPCD's (current package car drivers) that staffing would remain about the same if/when 22.4s come in. UPS and the Hoffa team have no reason to believe that to be true.

So; in order to attempt to stick to that Hoffa/UPS bargaining provided info; and since the model for 22.4s is essentially in place in every center now, that being; that most, if not all centers are utilizing T-S drivers; UPS appears to be misleading current low seniority drivers into believing that the driver staffing levels on Mondays will remain consistent. UPS is inflating/padding the number of drivers working Mondays. (unless UPS keeps these under-dispatched staffing levels in place after ratification)

UPS is working low seniority drivers on Mondays in a feeble attempt to lull these drivers into voting Yes on the 243 and possibly other yet to be ratified supplements.

Since when has UPS ever had 20% or more of a center under dispatched by more than an hour? 2 drivers working 12 hours has always been the MO as opposed to 3 working 8 hours. So something is rotten here.

What's worse is that UPS has been stealing time from numerous drivers by changing those drivers' Code 06 (guaranteed 8 hour paid day) to a Code 05 (actual hour paid day) without notifying the affected drivers.

And; Now the drivers and our very competent stewards are holding UPS to the 8 hour guaranteed paid day. UPS Mgmt has pushed back. Many package car drivers fear retaliation from UPS will be forthcoming. UPS has a history of retaliation; especially in the Central Region.

Drivers are discharged for stealing small amounts of time from UPS (and UPS has the right to fire those drivers)…..so how does UPS get away with not being forthright and stealing time from Package Car Drivers?

Are other not yet ratified supplement members being forced to undergo the same, less than forthright and dishonest treatment?

Last edited:

browned out

TDU

You're not a member of that Local.... or, do you work at UPS.

Keep talking.

Everyone wants to hear your BS.

I AM NOT TDU

Wrong and Yes. You are on par with the Carnac the Magnificent. Yes; I am a member of that local and Bingo, Yes I work for UPS. Genius

I have been a member of that local for approximately 30 years; kid.

And as any experienced union rep worth a nickel should know; talking is not worth much unless you back it up. I have put my livelihood at UPS on the line numerous times to defend my brothers and sisters at UPS. Sound arguments and knowledgeable discussions are always part of the narrative. Knowing when one is soundly defeated is important but admitting when one has no idea what they are talking about is paramount.

I would think that the actual UPS Package Car Drivers, potential 22.4's and all UPS Small Parcel Teamsters and other UPS union employees (UPS Freight Drivers and Dock workers, IPA, Mechanics, Airline Mechanics, Car Washers, etc. would appreciate your response to the post.

We have faith in you....although...

Sometimes responding is not the best option. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.(Abraham Lincoln or Mark Twain)

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I tend to not overthink these but there is likely an incentive not to piss off some drivers by cutting routes on monday, if you look high enough.
Whatever the reason, this wont last.

babboo25

Banned
I AM NOT TDU

Wrong and Yes. You are on par with the Carnac the Magnificent. Yes; I am a member of that local and Bingo, Yes I work for UPS. Genius

I have been a member of that local for approximately 30 years; kid.

And as any experienced union rep worth a nickel should know; talking is not worth much unless you back it up. I have put my livelihood at UPS on the line numerous times to defend my brothers and sisters at UPS. Sound arguments and knowledgeable discussions are always part of the narrative. Knowing when one is soundly defeated is important but admitting when one has no idea what they are talking about is paramount.

I would think that the actual UPS Package Car Drivers, potential 22.4's and all UPS Small Parcel Teamsters and other UPS union employees (UPS Freight Drivers and Dock workers, IPA, Mechanics, Airline Mechanics, Car Washers, etc. would appreciate your response to the post.

We have faith in you....although...

Sometimes responding is not the best option. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.(Abraham Lincoln or Mark Twain)
Plz space your sentences, obscure union guy has a hard time following if you don’t.

babboo25

Banned
we just want the pickups back on time and for them not to quit

jesus you guys are super paranoid
If we could just leave the building before 9:15 that would help alleviate a lot of problems and bad attitudes. There is a building a few hours from me that leaves at 7:45, just think how many miles that would save, could run air pretty much on trace. Might have a few late pickup issues but would be outstanding leaving that early, hell I’d even take my full hour lunch.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If we could just leave the building before 9:15 that would help alleviate a lot of problems and bad attitudes. There is a building a few hours from me that leaves at 7:45, just think how many miles that would save, could run air pretty much on trace. Might have a few late pickup issues but would be outstanding leaving that early, hell I’d even take my full hour lunch.

Ah....

Little @babboo25 wants to dictate the terms of employment.

These new kids.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i mean that's the dream, but our air network is just not that good

WTFm8

Ah, obscure union guy, I’ve been with since 1995 fella, move along chubs. We only have to show “some” lunch here pal.

By contract or something management said to benefit them?

More people taking lunch at appropriate times lead to more volume on truck at that time and potential pickup issues/taking longer from shifting extra residentials around.

Regardless, I always take my hour (usually a 20min brunch around 10:30-11:30 then a 40 later around 4-5).

I also ‘threaten’ filing if they don’t just code me for my guaranteed 8 hours of PAY per my supplement.

bumped

More people taking lunch at appropriate times lead to more volume on truck at that time and potential pickup issues/taking longer from shifting extra residentials around.

Regardless, I always take my hour (usually a 20min brunch around 10:30-11:30 then a 40 later around 4-5).

I also ‘threaten’ filing if they don’t just code me for my guaranteed 8 hours of PAY per my supplement.

During peak by us, management brings in food almost everyday to get drivers to take their lunch and breaks in the building while eating. This gets the volume in earlier and out earlier.

bugsbunny

Hi,
I am a new Package car driver for 4 months. some days of my time cards read 8 hours
guaranteed payday and on some days it reads actual hour paid day? what's the difference in pay code of 05 or 06? thank you

To approve a single suggestion, mouse over it and click "✔"
Click the bubble to approve all of its suggestions.
Local 243's supplement/rider is one of the supplements that has not been ratified or issued for another vote.

UPS mgmt. has been under-dispatching drivers on Mondays. And not by 10 minutes or so...….Under-Dispatching by at least an hour.

So; what's the problem? inquiring minds want to know; while; the minds in the know... know.

UPS and the union have repeatedly informed RPCD's (current package car drivers) that staffing would remain about the same if/when 22.4s come in. UPS and the Hoffa team have no reason to believe that to be true.

So; in order to attempt to stick to that Hoffa/UPS bargaining provided info; and since the model for 22.4s is essentially in place in every center now, that being; that most, if not all centers are utilizing T-S drivers; UPS appears to be misleading current low seniority drivers into believing that the driver staffing levels on Mondays will remain consistent. UPS is inflating/padding the number of drivers working Mondays. (unless UPS keeps these under-dispatched staffing levels in place after ratification)

UPS is working low seniority drivers on Mondays in a feeble attempt to lull these drivers into voting Yes on the 243 and possibly other yet to be ratified supplements.

Since when has UPS ever had 20% or more of a center under dispatched by more than an hour? 2 drivers working 12 hours has always been the MO as opposed to 3 working 8 hours. So something is rotten here.

What's worse is that UPS has been stealing time from numerous drivers by changing those drivers' Code 06 (guaranteed 8 hour paid day) to a Code 05 (actual hour paid day) without notifying the affected drivers.

And; Now the drivers and our very competent stewards are holding UPS to the 8 hour guaranteed paid day. UPS Mgmt has pushed back. Many package car drivers fear retaliation from UPS will be forthcoming. UPS has a history of retaliation; especially in the Central Region.

Drivers are discharged for stealing small amounts of time from UPS (and UPS has the right to fire those drivers)…..so how does UPS get away with not being forthright and stealing time from Package Car Drivers?

Are other not yet ratified supplement members being forced to undergo the same, less than forthright and dishonest treatment?

DOK

If your a full time seniority driver you’re garaunteed 8, enjoy the easy Monday’s.

babboo25

Banned

Contract, I usually take 10 unpaid and my 10 minute paid break, we only have to take 1 minute unpaid.