Why would any Pilot vote for a Democrat?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
1603647257621.png

:congratualtions: :winnersmiley::bpotd:

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Drive across I 80 and you will see thousands of wind turbines producing electricity for the US grid. Wind turbines are a reality and producing 10s of thousands of good paying jobs in manufacture and construction. Why are you against states without oil wells?
Those wind farms are proving to be a BIG waste of money by the time they figure in up keep.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I think "...a little bit...." was/is given back.
It's called "22.4".
As I remember 22.4 was a costly conciliation on the company's side to help long-term part-timers with a quasi-full-time position.

In 1997, Ron Carey, President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), led the union to a smashing victory against United Parcel Service (UPS) by waging a militant strike, wrenching at least $1 billion in concessions from the company for the duration of the 5-year contract.
To further address the issue of the unavailability of full-time positions, UPS agreed to create 10,000 full-time jobs from part-time positions.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Do you really think you would be making $38/hr with all of your benefits and pension totally paid for by the company with out the Union. I am PT and will make probably $65k this year, down from $85k last year. What non Union job would pay a 64 year old employee that much along with 7 weeks paid vacation and a$2275/month pension whenever I decide to hang it up. I know who butters my bread.
I thought you were retired?

JJinVA

Robots are flipping the burgers where $15 MW was implemented

Exactly. I've long said that's the next logical move. The only problem is small businesses can't afford fancy robots and end up going under. That's why huge corporations like McDonald's love the $15/hr mw. They know it'll crush small bus. competitors.

Same with UPS. PT Car Washer would be replaced in a heartbeat as soon as the robots could do his job cheaper and so would us drivers. We'd be fools to think they haven't talked about it already

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Drive across I 80 and you will see thousands of wind turbines producing electricity for the US grid. Wind turbines are a reality and producing 10s of thousands of good paying jobs in manufacture and construction. Why are you against states without oil wells?
What's the output when it's not windy?