Wild speculation

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we need a revolution and don't mean overthrow of government. constitution has built in change function called amendments.

do away with the two party ( for most part ). we need NEW blood. not another bush or Clinton.

congressional rules need a complete overhaul. they are all bought and paid for by big business.

tax system nixed. some kind of consumption tax may work better instead of penalizing people for earning money. big corps. don't pay any income taxes or very little.

federal reserve needs to be abolished and our currency needs to be backed by something. the changes we need are many.

I don't see any of this or much much more being done anytime soon. I feel bad for my grown children and grandchildren.

call me a coward if you want and I will agree with you. we are tired of fighting fighting fighting and not getting any results. so we may be leaving the country. we wont give up our citizenship because I want the option to change my mind and take up the fight again. it would be for the kids. I think some of us old timers saw the best of this country back in the 50's and 60's.

when the balance of power went to the shadow government and they killed the kennedys, king, and countless others in the name of power and money , our country started to die.

I think change will come ( optimistic ) when the collective consciousness reaches a certain point. and looking back through history I believe ONE person can rise up and lead us.

now I am thoroughly depressed.

KaiserTom

I know in our center for every 10 guys that walk in the door I only see 2-3 stay for a little while anyways. In my area it's just not worth working at UPS unless you intend to be a driver or are going to school, a retail job pays $11.00 starting, 12+ if you are one of the dock workers working the same time we are for much less work. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if fast food wasn't much different. The pay is great for more rural areas but for any urban center it's just terrible in comparison, no one wants to stay. 4 years just to get a $2.50 raise? C'mon, even terrible workers start seeing 14-15 in a retail job by then. If you start driving or want to that's a different story but there's no guarantee for that and it's also a very difficult job that you may end up just not wanting to do.

Box Ox

I know in our center for every 10 guys that walk in the door I only see 2-3 stay for a little while anyways. In my area it's just not worth working at UPS unless you intend to be a driver or are going to school, a retail job pays $11.00 starting, 12+ if you are one of the dock workers working the same time we are for much less work. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if fast food wasn't much different. The pay is great for more rural areas but for any urban center it's just terrible in comparison, no one wants to stay. 4 years just to get a $2.50 raise? C'mon, even terrible workers start seeing 14-15 in a retail job by then. If you start driving or want to that's a different story but there's no guarantee for that and it's also a very difficult job that you may end up just not wanting to do.

Does the full insurance and pension for UPS part timers factor in anywhere?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'll take a man who makes mistakes over the morally corrupt man any day. Regardless of how cool it sounds for the latter to get a hummer in The Oval Office...

There were a quarter of a million innocent Iraqi civilians who died as a result of Bush's "mistake." We invaded a nation that posed no threat to us, bombed and destroyed its infrastructure, and murdered its people. I have a feeling those people would have really preferred the guy who got the hummer in the Oval Office.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Bush didn't lie about WMDs. The bulk of them were moved to Syria and probably other countries too. Blame the CIA and UN for that slip up.

Hussein never had any WMD's (other than the chemical weapons we gave him to use on Iranians) and even if he did he would certainly not have sent them to Syria. Syria was part of the coalition that fought Iraq in the first Gulf War. Syria was and is an ally of Iran. The whole WMD thing was a lie, carefully planned out by the war criminal Bush in order to justify his invasion of a country that posed no threat to us.

Overpaid Union Thug

There were a quarter of a million innocent Iraqi civilians who died as a result of Bush's "mistake." We invaded a nation that posed no threat to us, bombed and destroyed its infrastructure, and murdered its people. I have a feeling those people would have really preferred the guy who got the hummer in the Oval Office.

Again....most of the WMDs were moved. Plus, there were WMDs found in Iraq later after the invasion. We invaded a nation that had previously invaded it's neighbor and was poised to invade another when we stepped in (after being asked to) the first time. And they routinely violated almost every restriction put in place (not just by us) after the first go around. We had the right to military action the second time based on those violations alone and didn't even need WMDs or terrorism as a motive. The narrative that the entire war was fought for not other reason than WMDs and that they weren't even found is false. The fact is that they had WMDs, had used them before, had violated more than enough restrictions put in place after the Gulf War to warrant military action, and we found WMDs. The only mistakes made were waiting on the UN while they dicked around and let the Iraqis move and destroy most of the stockpiles and sending in more ground troops when more planes with bombs would have sufficed.

Every POTUS, including W, involved with IRAQ leading up the 2003 had a hand in screwing up Iraq. But Clinton's contribution came from negligence. To think that Clinton was just sitting back in the Oval Office and receiving a hummer while somehow, simultaneously, magically orchestrating world peace, a balanced budget, and a decent economy is naive at best. All he really did during his tenure was taint the position he held and somehow found the time to bomb a few terrorst camps and cut our military in half. The death of Iraqi civilians could have been avoided had Clinton done his part. But hey....at least he was committing adultery at the tax payer's expense right? So cool.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
that's why my flag has been flown at half mast all these years. one of my neighbors tried to get me in trouble for that and I got an email about the rules about flying our flag. I told him I wasn't backing down and he could do whatever he had to do and I would continue doing what I had to do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

that's why my flag has been flown at half mast all these years. one of my neighbors tried to get me in trouble for that and I got an email about the rules about flying our flag. I told him I wasn't backing down and he could do whatever he had to do and I would continue doing what I had to do.

Your neighbor is right----flying your flag at half mast all of the time is disrespectful.

I would never live anywhere that had a home owner association.

My property... :censored2:

Overpaid Union Thug

Truthfully.....all Americans should probably be flying a white flag nowadays with the way this country is heading.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Happened a long time ago but oh well.
image.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Happened a long time ago but oh well. View attachment 35661
sorry about my part on derailing this thread. I don't like it either when my threads are derailed.

well today I called the pension office and asked them if they heard any rumors that UPS was going to try buying out 30 year plus employees to save money.

she laughed so loud and long that I ran out of minutes on my tracfone.

seriously, she doesn't know what the company is up to but DOES know they are planning SOMETHING. she said whatever it is , it will benefit the shareholders.

I think they are going to expand real estate holdings, expand logistics, and expand air and international. that probably means reductions in the lower profit sectors.

anyway , that is what I would if do if I were queen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
sorry about my part on derailing this thread. I don't like it either when my threads are derailed.

well today I called the pension office and asked them if they heard any rumors that UPS was going to try buying out 30 year plus employees to save money.

she laughed so loud and long that I ran out of minutes on my tracfone.

seriously, she doesn't know what the company is up to but DOES know they are planning SOMETHING. she said whatever it is , it will benefit the shareholders.

I think they are going to expand real estate holdings, expand logistics, and expand air and international. that probably means reductions in the lower profit sectors.

anyway , that is what I would if do if I were queen.
Trust me I could care less. This thread had more than ran its course.

SCV good to go sir.

Apple is switching from FedEx to UPS. If my comprehension is correct, they have an upcoming event soon and new products releasing this year, which should boost their sales.

In my naive opinion my hub is in dire need of an expansion but can't because all the space around us is being utilized. I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true in other hubs. Thus UPS is going to expand their operations.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would love to have Bill Clinton back in the White House. What part of peace and prosperity did you not like? Balanced budget, started paying back the Federal debt, low unemployment, $1/gal gasoline. Where do I vote?

you could add "very entertaining" to your list