Can we finally get a chance to vote on something?

Sporhwhore

The time has come! This needs to be the week all the speculation comes to an end and ups give’s their LBFO and lets the members decide what happens next! Been reading a lot of posts past few weeks and everything is speculation! It’s time for them to send us all something to vote on! Maybe it’s crap ; maybe it’s not but in the end our 350,000 members need to decide our own fate!

Sporhwhore

Personally I don’t know if I wanna strike or not… how can I decide that unless I have a proposal to look over? Sean said no concessions and sounds like ups agreed to that! He ran on no more 22.4, no excessive overtime , no further technology, AC in package cars ( which I’ll be retired before that happens 😆 …. If he gets part timers a decent increase let’s say $20 -$22 an hour starting wage and full timers $1.50-$2 a year I’d say that’s a victory especially compared to last contract… I know the big issue is long term part time pay raises and I don’t have an answer for that but years ago ups and teamsters should have did a progression similar to full time jobs and that didn’t happen! Unfortunately I hope that doesn’t come back to bite ups and teamsters which it looks like that’s exactly what the holdup is from everything I’m reading.

anonymous23456

Personally I don’t know if I wanna strike or not… how can I decide that unless I have a proposal to look over? Sean said no concessions and sounds like ups agreed to that! He ran on no more 22.4, no excessive overtime , no further technology, AC in package cars ( which I’ll be retired before that happens 😆 …. If he gets part timers a decent increase let’s say $20 -$22 an hour starting wage and full timers $1.50-$2 a year I’d say that’s a victory especially compared to last contract… I know the big issue is long term part time pay raises and I don’t have an answer for that but years ago ups and teamsters should have did a progression similar to full time jobs and that didn’t happen! Unfortunately I hope that doesn’t come back to bite ups and teamsters which it looks like that’s exactly what the holdup is from everything I’m reading.
You mean when teleporting comes out, UPS is not allowed to use it? I didn't know Union can hold back progress.

Ghost in the Darkness

Ok... so basically a 5,000 person shift either way depending on hirings and people leaving (resignations & firings). It just looks silly when the estimates are 10,000 apart.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The car washers are holding every thing up.

1690043898236.png

@PT Car Washer

542thruNthru

The time has come! This needs to be the week all the speculation comes to an end and ups give’s their LBFO and lets the members decide what happens next! Been reading a lot of posts past few weeks and everything is speculation! It’s time for them to send us all something to vote on! Maybe it’s crap ; maybe it’s not but in the end our 350,000 members need to decide our own fate!
Who says that IBT has to send it to you just because UPS says it's LBFO?

Sporhwhore

* Assuming it’s up to union leader approval of course…. People are getting nervous… let’s get this smilet over with already! Employees, customers, union officials, management…it’s go or go home time!

Sporhwhore

BTW I’m a longtime teamster who realizes we don’t get what we have without them negotiating for us but I hope members have the chance to vote and I’m speaking for majority of my hub whether they are pro company or pro union or in between 90% wanna chance to vote

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
* Assuming it’s up to union leader approval of course…. People are getting nervous… let’s get this smilet over with already! Employees, customers, union officials, management…it’s go or go home time!
Let’s get this s **t over with already damn autocorrect
When you decide to start a thread, get all your thoughts together in your original post, then sit back and absorb the thoughts you have solicited.

Just an observation and my opinion of course.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
BTW I’m a longtime teamster who realizes we don’t get what we have without them negotiating for us but I hope members have the chance to vote and I’m speaking for majority of my hub whether they are pro company or pro union or in between 90% wanna chance to vote
....or just keep firing away, I guess.

Sporhwhore

The longer this drags out the more volume we lose… volume = jobs= members= dues= teamsters funds…. My management team unless they are playing me for a fool are more in the dark then the hourlies are in my hub… I support my union always have always will I just hope we don’t throw away everything we achieved during the past few months of negotiations especially when we ( teamsters and ups) agree on 95% of what’s been negotiated

Sporhwhore

If we strike which I’m all for if it’s necessary everything that was negotiated gets thrown out and we go back to square one and possibly lose our gains from what I’m being told

Sporhwhore

When you decide to start a thread, get all your thoughts together in your original post, then sit back and absorb the thoughts you have solicited.

Just an observation and my opinion of course.
I’m just trying to comment on what seems to be the talk going around in my hub that’s all! Thanks for your constructive criticism haha