Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

nWo

If I was 19 looking for a job it would take 5-6 years of UPS raises to reach what Amazon would pay me from day 1.

Not many, it’s not supposed to be for everybody. Certain people it’s perfect. Like an entrepreneur who can’t afford to pay for insurance, they would get free insurance and a pension that their business wouldn’t provide. Someone who’s spouse is the primary bread winner, it would be perfect for them as well. It’s not a career for most people, it was never meant for that.
How can a company remain profitable with a transit workforce? A training supervisor with 1 month experience? Most of us have seen how well that works.

Non liberal

Amazon hires closer to $20/hr. They actually have a very good healthcare plan. Employees are covered on their first day of employment. I can tell you they definitely do not have a $1000 dental limit.(Which I'm almost certain No UPS local has this either but I'm not claiming that). They have 100% prepaid tuition after 90 days. Amazon contributes to a HSA for their employees. They have Life and AD&D Insurance (100% company paid.) They have a 401k with a 50% match. They have paid parental leave.(20 weeks) They have RSUs.

They have benefits. We can split hairs arguing whose benefit package is better. I would argue UPS's is better. But Amazon does have many benefits that UPS does not.

Point being we can't continue to justify low part time wages because they have health insurance. Amazon has higher starting pay. Sign on bonuses. And a good health insurance plan that starts on day 1.
Lol, full time, or part time? Big difference. And my local most certainly has a $1000 dental limit for full timers, not part timers. Part timers is much better. It’s absolutely ridiculous. We may have lower starting wages, but Amazon flat lines at what they start at, with mayber a .30 a year cola. Part timers at ups can make much more the longer they are there. A lot more then $20 an hour.

Non liberal

How can a company remain profitable with a transit workforce? A training supervisor with 1 month experience? Most of us have seen how well that works.
Well they do it, so why don’t you ask them? In fact all these companies do it, that’s how most of them avoid paying long term benefits.

nWo

Lol, full time, or part time? Big difference. And my local most certainly has a $1000 dental limit for full timers, not part timers. Part timers is much better. It’s absolutely ridiculous. We may have lower starting wages, but Amazon flat lines at what they start at, with mayber a .30 a year cola. Part timers at ups can make much more the longer they are there. A lot more then $20 an hour.

Then quit and go part time Karen.

And you need to call your BA and ask him why your the only local in the country with a dental limit.

Last edited:
Lol, yup, 2/3 of the members and a quarter of the dues paid.
Dues are based off of your hourly rate. If the Union wanted to increase the dues they need to increase the PT hourly rate. I would imagine this would also increase the amount of Union involvement by PT. Something the company and the Union do not want.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It won't happen if this union remains unorganized. A tall task, I'm well aware, but Teamsters that care about such things have to help lead the charge. It's too easy for us to complain and do nothing.
At this point, it's pretty much out of the hands of regular members until we at least get a proposal.