Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Why? You could make 2600 to 4000 a wk full time and earn a pension that’s worth something. I’m not a delivery driver so… and I’m not crying about being overworked necessarily, well sometimes I do, but mainly my point is it just needs premium compensation. And after the full timers are negotiated for and taken care of, then it’s the part timers turn. That’s all I’m saying, I’m not against you guys getting anything, some of you are just trying to be the center of the conversation, and you’re just not. At least you better not be.
He just wants to make sure everyone knows how much he enjoys violating the contract. In his mind, it's gone on so long so it is justified.

542thruNthru

Make it a priority to eliminate Art 40 from the contract. Until then there is no contract violation.
Screenshot_20221114_162245_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

2Ch.gif

Yolo

Just found out they gave a new hire a water bottle on his first day!!! I have more seniority and I didn't get a water bottle!?! How do I word my grievance! These stupid no good new hires are to blame for everything I don't like about the contract that was ratified before they even applied to work here!!!

Yolo

And get this...I just found out that new hires.... are being paid too much...$5/hr more than I made 10 years ago!!!....That's a 50 cent increase... every year....WE CANT HAVE WAGES INCREASED 50 CENTS a year!!!! Hor:censored2:!!!! These little PSofS need to be GRATEFUL!!! Lazy Millennials.

Yolo

How do we replace Sean O Brien????? He said he wants to increase pt wages???? What is he smoking??? If the pt rate goes up 50 cent then my rate should go up $50 Dollars!!!!

Yolo

What am I even paying union dues for if the starting rate is increasing? My union dues should be used to fight for lower wages!!!

Foamer Pyle

No, eliminate vacation for those that love to work 60 hour weeks for 40 years. Divvy the extra money to the part timers.
Too many people try and make a career out of a part time job, and then expect full time pay. Part time work equals part time pay. Where I work it’s a 3 or 4 hour shift. If you want to make a career out of that, don’t expect me to give anything up.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Too many people try and make a career out of a part time job, and then expect full time pay. Part time work equals part time pay. Where I work it’s a 3 or 4 hour shift. If you want to make a career out of that, don’t expect me to give anything up.

Back in the day you wouldn’t be able to obtain a mortgage if you were part time...

The ultimate goal was to win a full time bid...and that took an average of 10 years part time service.

No part timer ever worked over 25 hours a week..

TheWeasel

UPS does have full time jobs but the way you made it sound is they are a dime a dozen and anybody can just get one. That is far from the truth and as I said(if you read)that to get a full time job where I use to work you had to be part time for a few years.
Few decades in some cases...

Worldport - 16 years for full-time. 22 for Driver. I know it's not a typical center, but we're still stuck with whatever poverty-tier wages that the rest of UPS votes for.

Whither

Scofflaw
Few decades in some cases...

Worldport - 16 years for full-time. 22 for Driver. I know it's not a typical center, but we're still stuck with whatever poverty-tier wages that the rest of UPS votes for.
And Worldport is THE hub. Woooooooooooooooooof. I will not vote for poverty-tier wages for any brother or sister, and I am organizing in my local.

nWo

Feeder driver here. I would be a :censored2:ty Teamster if I didn't care about package and pt issues. If a strike is necessary then a strike it is.

Non liberal

Feeder driver here. I would be a :censored2:ty Teamster if I didn't care about package and pt issues. If a strike is necessary then a strike it is.
And UPS counts on exactly that, full timers like yourself talking BS like you just did. The union hears this :censored2: too. This is exactly the same :censored2: that liberals do in politics. Of course we want pt’s compensated better at ups then any other company, that’s not the argument. The argument is that whether it should be secondary to all the FT getting taken care of, and it should be. We are the ones who give up our lives to work here. We should have a much better compensation package. Actually when I went part time to full time, my health insurance wasn’t as good as when I was PT. That is ridiculous! And everyone is on here saying”poor PT don’t get health insurance for 9 mos.” I worked an hour and a half a day PT, and my insurance was better then it is now working 60 hours a week, never seeing my family. I think they should strike for us, or at least quit their whining.