Will they terminate

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You can be fired for dishonesty and it will stick. Nothing the union can do if they find out you didn't tell them what you know.
Oh the catch phrase " fired for dishonesty"...it means nothing to anyone anymore because it's a joke....how many have been fired under dishonesty and still work here....

Oh the catch phrase " fired for dishonesty"...it means nothing to anyone anymore because it's a joke....how many have been fired under dishonesty and still work here....

As a part timer, I got fired years ago for "sabotaging the operation" it was the biggest load if crap ive ever heard. It obviously didnt stick, we had a new center manager and he was trying to flex his muscle and make an example of me.

Dr.Brownz

If OP admits he lied he is screwed. That is "proven dishonesty". They can say he was fired for dishonesty but the union will not let it happen unless it is proven.

Dr.Brownz

As a part timer, I got fired years ago for "sabotaging the operation" it was the biggest load if crap ive ever heard. It obviously didnt stick, we had a new center manager and he was trying to flex his muscle and make an example of me.

Did they trick you into admitting you slowed down on purpose? Probably not since you came back. OP is new and probably doesn't know how to play the game correctly.

Dr.Brownz

Dude chill there's drivers here who have left the backdoor open multiple times and have lost packages, and they all still work here still... Two rules for working here #1 don't let them play mind tricks on you, and more importantly, don't let your own mind play mind tricks on you!! #2 don't believe anything until it actually happens...the end

I have done this. Difference is I called the center and let them know, so that way when some lady called and said she had a random package they knew why she had it. Didn't ever hear a word about it except from a PTer who had to go pick up the dropped package.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sorry off topic but I'm too dumb to figure out how to start a thread..if your supervisor over dispatches you then calls you and tells you if you need help it's not gonna look good for your job...then everyday sends you out to help even though you tell him there are people with less seniority than you...and your BA doesn't answer emails or calls...what do you do?

Jump up and down and
Raise hell!!!

Did they trick you into admitting you slowed down on purpose? Probably not since you came back. OP is new and probably doesn't know how to play the game correctly.

I was loading 4 trucks and someone thought it was a good idea to shaft me with 1200 pieces. I told my part time sup first thing that i would need help and wasnt going to be able to keep up. I decided to load my first 3 trucks and stack my forth which only had about 200 pkgs on it. When the unload went down my first 3 were clean and i was about to start on my last when my steward, and center manager came and pulled me off the belt. First time i ever heard the phrase sabotaging the operation

I was loading 4 trucks and someone thought it was a good idea to shaft me with 1200 pieces. I told my part time sup first thing that i would need help and wasnt going to be able to keep up. I decided to load my first 3 trucks and stack my forth which only had about 200 pkgs on it. When the unload went down my first 3 were clean and i was about to start on my last when my steward, and center manager came and pulled me off the belt. First time i ever heard the phrase sabotaging the operation
Did the Steward back you up or the manager?

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Did you suggest that the person who shafted you with 1200 extra pieces was the one who sabotaged the operation?

The whole situation was handled wrong on both sides, i was at work the next day so essentially the only time i lost was a little bit at the end of the day.

El Correcto

god is dead
Sorry off topic but I'm too dumb to figure out how to start a thread..if your supervisor over dispatches you then calls you and tells you if you need help it's not gonna look good for your job...then everyday sends you out to help even though you tell him there are people with less seniority than you...and your BA doesn't answer emails or calls...what do you do?
First you add him to your blocked number list. You just send in a message saying your over dispatched every half hour or so letting them know what you'll miss, in the morning with a steward is better. As for sending you to help, you go help make sure you do it as safely as possible. Your union should have monthly meetings, try finding out when the next one is and voice your concerns to your ba in person. Our local meetings are posted on a union board along with other useful information.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ha they sabotage their own operations all the time....whatever

So im a new driver but ive been part time for a long time. Basically i think the guy a step higher than center manager wants me fired. He gave me a :censored2:ty look when i was running behind on am duties because my car needed gas. And i had a problem that day with finding an air in with the ground when i marked the manifest as 100%. So i get a suspension letter. Next day they put me in a rental truck and while delivering them as quickly as possible i forgot to latch the back door and drove to the next stop. A guy brought me a box that fell off. I didnt say anything to the center. I had late air and was given a termination letter. I think one box got away and it might or might not of been scanned to my truck. This one box was an air package and i know the center thinks i did something with it. So would i get fired for not volunteering information about it? Or if they scanned it to my truck would it be better or worse if i said i know what probably happened to it?
How did that work out for you?