Will UPS CEO Carol Tome sacrifice for the team?

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll šŸ˜ˆ
Your right poor impoverished UPS really needs financial relief from the Teamsters so they can raise dividends again. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

You said a lot. Some of the things you said should be fixed, you have a point. I want you guys to work 40-45 hours a week, but youā€™re over paid therefore you will be overworked. That is how it will works. Deals with the devil do not turn out solely in your favor now.

really teamster caused the stock price and dividends to go up? Is that what youā€™re saying?
having a strategic plan and it being execute it well causes those metrics to rise.

AKCoverMan

Oh yeah.. Biden will not let yā€™all strike and I promise I will be at the White House when he announces that news starting a slow clap.
Itā€™s sad you think itā€™s a good thing for the President to take such unilateral action like that. He is an elected official not a monarch. But you would applaud such action. OK. šŸ˜”

Thebrownblob

Again you're wrong
Despite what you think some of us actually try to make a difference at this place

Find me showing up for work everyday working a safe as safe and productively as I can, making sure I get all my premium packages off on time.

Making sure that's over the packages to the correct address
And actually doing something super easy is actually scanning all the packages
Despite all the obstacles, these management people and a corporate people put in our way. Trust me, it is not lost on people I deliver to. Most of them wouldā€™ve left us in a heartbeat, if it was not for my efforts and efforts of thousands of drivers all over the country every day.

rod

Retired 22 years
Wrong!!! we netted a little over 1billion dollars in 2020. While The avg we net is around 3 or 4 billion a year, based on 60-70 billion in revenue.

This company has an expenses problem that being the union. But the union see it as a their (company) problem. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m training real hard to get my class A license so I can bus in scabs Into the facilities when yā€™all strike. So if you see me pulling up in a bus to the facility, be sure to get out my way.
I triple dog dare you. We know where you will be- hiding in your parents basement.

Mplayers2006

Let me try to explain this to you since youā€™re unable to understand what respect is.
Youā€™re telling the men and women who go out there every day and do the job that allows this company to make record profits yes, I said record, every year? And then you tell them theyā€™re paid too much from a contractual agreement the company made with us?
You donā€™t think thatā€™s disrespectful?
No it is not. Since that is the voice of the industry and I am aligned to that viewpoint. This viewpoint is based on data and not feelings.
Record profit did not start until 2021 and that was do to a shift that will correct itself over time. Not sustainable or fixed.
Letā€™s be honest with ourselves here. On a 10 step process. Does step 10 deserves all the credit and rewards if success was made?
Even though steps 1-9 had to happen for step 10 to initiate its process.. this is equivalent to only giving thanks to drivers vs the whole. I rather give thanks to the whole.

Thebrownblob

No it is not. Since that is the voice of the industry and I am aligned to that viewpoint. This viewpoint is based on data and not feelings.
Record profit did not start until 2021 and that was do to a shift that will correct itself over time. Not sustainable or fixed.
Letā€™s be honest with ourselves here. On a 10 step process. Does step 10 deserves all the credit and rewards if success was made?
Even though steps 1-9 had to happen for step 10 to initiate its process.. this is equivalent to only giving thanks to drivers vs the whole. I rather give thanks to the whole.
Except youā€™re not giving thanks to anyone youā€™re making a mockery of yourself. Negotiations will be nothing like you imagine because you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about. That much is clear. Have a nice day in your pretend land.

Mplayers2006

Except youā€™re not giving thanks to anyone youā€™re making a mockery of yourself. Negotiations will be nothing like you imagine because you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about. That much is clear. Have a nice day in your pretend land.
So I need to give thanks to a bunch of pissed off drivers now? Respect is mutually given brother. And you know that. Iā€™m not going to thank a group of people who donā€™t want to be thanked nor respect me. I rather speak my opinion and let it offend who it needs to as they do the same.

rod

Retired 22 years
What?? If yā€™all are going to strike, thatā€™s fine. All I was saying is that the world canā€™t stop so Iā€™ll do my part in keeping the packages moving. That was not disrespectful in nature.
After a couple of days there wonā€™t be any packages to ā€œmoveā€. I see you have never been through a UPS strike before

Mplayers2006

Itā€™s sad you think itā€™s a good thing for the President to take such unilateral action like that. He is an elected official not a monarch. But you would applaud such action. OK. šŸ˜”
Yes I would. Now if youā€™re fighting for something worth shutting the company down; like fair pay, time off, safety. I would think about joining you. But I know the fight is going be over something like ac or like I need more money because you make more money.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wrong!!! we netted a little over 1billion dollars in 2020. While The avg we net is around 3 or 4 billion a year, based on 60-70 billion in revenue.

This company has an expenses problem that being the union. But the union see it as a their (company) problem. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m training real hard to get my class A license so I can bus in scabs Into the facilities when yā€™all strike. So if you see me pulling up in a bus to the facility, be sure to get out my way.
Probably canā€™t drive a stick
Needs to have an automatic to get class A
Lmao

AKCoverMan

So I need to give thanks to a bunch of pissed off drivers now? Respect is mutually given brother.
I have plenty of respect for many members of ops management. Respect is earned, I go out and earn it every day Doing the right things for the right reasons. I would not want my CMs job, and this comes from someone who was number two in management in my state for another Dow 30 company. I have managed an operation to a budget and made a profit. Iā€™m not ignorant to business just because my office is a package car.

Iā€™ve told my center manager many times Iā€™m glad he does his job and I do mine.

I took one look at corporate culture at UPS and said ā€œnoā€.