Will UPS ever offer driver buyout?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
There's a new dog in the race and its stock is worth 18x UPS stock.
giphy (86).gif

So this is another "Amazon is putting UPS out of business " thread?

542thruNthru

I think the OT will be the first thing targeted. It may likely be straight 40's. Which a lot of employees wouldn't mind so much honestly.

Lol yep that's what will happen. UPS will hire more drivers/trucks/preloaders/mechanics so that we only work 40 hours a week.

Thank god you're not our CEO. The union would be doomed.

ThePackageDeli

If Amazon and it's delivery contractors decide they need to increase their density in order to be sustainable, and find themselves in the position to underbid many of our contracts, why wouldn't they? The answer is: They would. And they will.

542thruNthru

If Amazon and it's delivery contractors decide they need to increase their density in order to be sustainable, and find themselves in the position to underbid many of our contracts, why wouldn't they? The answer is: They would. And they will.

First its UPS buyouts. Then its decertification. Now it's being under bid by Amazon.

You're a troll.
tenor-39.gif

Days

Amazon is actually notorious for this. It’s what they do and they get away with it because Amazon cuts costs so much and from what I hear Amazon also gets huge tax cuts that other businesses just can’t compete with

I would agree, currently. But at the rate Amazon is building infrastructure, we're talking 5-10 years. I keep saying 5-10 years.
Are you going to answer my original question?

Do you know any of the history about UPS?

They survived a couple of world wars
The great depression and the great recession.

Countless numbers of competitors

Sometimes they dropped the ball but they still find their way.