Will UPS ever offer driver buyout?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It wasn't a local, it was universal.
20181015_073150.png

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Hypothetical.... What if the OP jumps ship right now for the glory that is Amazon. Just think, in 5 to 10 years, perfectly positioned to run it right up big browns Ass. Hypothetically speaking.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You are right, the Teamsters "leaders" have really bumped up those salaries far more %-wise than any UPS hourly.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again; the problem isn’t unsustainable employee wages....
The problem is unsustainable, irresponsible capitalism.
Corporate tools all over the country are milking this system dry, and balking at providing a living wage to their employees.
Until we start regulating corporate salary (we won’t), nothing will ever, ever change, and the American people will continue to suffer because of it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again; the problem isn’t unsustainable employee wages....
Corporate tools all over the country are milking this system dry, and balking at providing a living wage to their employees.
Until we start regulating corporate salary (we won’t), nothing will ever, ever change, and the American people will continue to suffer because of it.
If minimum wages weren't higher the Teamsters and UPS would still be negotiating $8.50/hr starting wages. Because of market balancing and economic ebb and flow it is a different scale of $8.50, however the top brass would probably receive at least the same increases, if not more, so it's really moot. Also, corporations will shove those wage increases back to the consumer..

ThePackageDeli

How the corporate heads divi-up the profits is besides the point. The issue at ground level is not being able to offer competitive shipping rates. Plain and simple. If our customers can receive the service from someone else for cheaper, they will. That's business.

And right now, UPS is at a big disadvantage because its wage expenses are twice as much as what Amazon's are. The big question: How do we remain competitive and NOT price ourselves out of business?

Last edited:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
How the corporate heads divi-up the profits is besides the point. The issue at ground level is not being able to offer competitive shipping rates. Plain and simple. If our customers can receive the service from someone else for cheaper, they will. That's business.

And right now, UPS is at a big disadvantage because its wage expenses are twice as much as what Amazon's are. The big question: How do we remain competitive and NOT price ourselves out of business?
Compare Ups profit to Amazon profit. UPS drivers are paid for what they do. Nobody in corporate is hurting either. Record profits every quarter. Ups will never make enough money to be happy. If I'm wrong, tell me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

We need you to turn in some sales leads

Karma...

I believe that there are a few ft inside shifts ( preload/hub ) left from the past....at some points in the past these people were offered buy outs.....not all took it but some did....interesting situations

Karma...

Compare Ups profit to Amazon profit. UPS drivers are paid for what they do. Nobody in corporate is hurting either. Record profits every quarter. Ups will never make enough money to be happy. If I'm wrong, tell me.
on target....such is the curse (?) of being a public company.........if you want to make money buy stock and get the dividends based on the profits.....otherwise continue being a wage serf

8000Shelf

It's called a lock out. A buy out would never happen. The technology the company is investing in is meant to dumb down the job. They want to make it so someone off the street can walk in and do it...For $15/hr. Then tell the union to pound sand