Will UPS use the 70 hour rule this peak season

When do they move the dot hours to 70

• Not this year, we our ready for peak 2018

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • We lied, so were going to need you to come in Saturday

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters

542thruNthru

I think it's the opposite, they can force you unless you have language saying that they can't.

I didn't mean to imply that they couldn't. I'm just wondering if he had any language on it.

I don't come in a 6th day. I'm M-friend and they can work me all the hours they want but come Saturday they will get a call every time. I'll even take a suspension. Just means in 11 days I'll be off again. :)

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Talked to my center manager today, he said the district asked for the 70hr rule but got turned down. Will be off tomorrow with 58.2 hours in this week, cant wait for next week with all the volume brought back as missed.

35years

Gravy route
My BA says just call in. Don't tell them ahead of time.
Central Region.

If you don't have an attendance problem the rest of the year, what can they do?

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
My center largely ran out of hours last night because they didnt up it to 70, asked guys over DOT hours to come in and be helpers today and then had the balls to send em home. Steward is already figuring out the best way to grieve it.

Glad I stayed in bed, gonna need the rest for the :censored2: show that monday is going to be.

35years

Gravy route
My center largely ran out of hours last night because they didnt up it to 70, asked guys over DOT hours to come in and be helpers today and then had the balls to send em home. Steward is already figuring out the best way to grieve it.

Glad I stayed in bed, gonna need the rest for the :censored2: show that monday is going to be.
If they showed up and were sent home involuntarily, you get 6 hours penalty pay in the Central.

Mooseknuckle

I was told by a credible source that the Mon-Fri drivers will only be forced to work one Sat max this peak.
LOL, not that credible. I've already done it twice.
There is an entire center in my building that hasn't delivered an ireg the whole week (mostly rural routes/small trucks). I guess they were thinking it's better to fit a lot of small packages rather than a few large ones. Can't wait to see when one of the preloaders call OSHA over egress. Have no idea how they'll get themselves out of the hole they're in.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
i had a driver come in saturday with a total of 67 hours behind the wheel. the oms, on car sup and he where discussing how he was going to have 7 hours coded as helper. satuday is voluntary here and this was a senior driver who has been struggling since OT was cut

clipperman

At 59 hours and 59 minutes, you pull over and shut her down.

If You get into an accident going over the 60 hours rules, you are toast.
How have you seen that situation handled where you are,here they tell the driver to punch out and wait for a ride,seems they technically are still working though,even though they went over on hours?

How have you seen that situation handled where you are,here they tell the driver to punch out and wait for a ride,seems they technically are still working though,even though they went over on hours?
No. You don't punch out. Your management team is well aware of your hours. More importantly it's your obligation to keep track of your hours.

lolbr

No. You don't punch out. Your management team is well aware of your hours. More importantly it's your obligation to keep track of your hours.
Yep. Keep your own records. Know how much time you have left. Notify supervisor before leaving in the morning of what time you will be back at the hub, even if packages are still on your truck. Be back in hub and off clock before you violate DOT regulations.